It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Interaction with SVN

Russell Wright (1114) | asked Sep 12 '07, 8:23 a.m.
Currently our team manages the source code for our project in Subversion (SVN). I understand that Jazz can import source from CVS into its source code control system, and synchronize its source back to CVS. Is this feature also available for SVN?

4 answers

permanent link
Aaron Cohen (8207851) | answered Sep 12 '07, 1:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I believe SVN integration (work item 21024) is planned.

permanent link
Matthias Buettgen (23612231) | answered Sep 12 '07, 3:33 p.m.
Hi Russel,

If you simply want to get your code base from SVN without the features provided by the JAZZ SCM you can use the Subclipse plugin. It works with Team Concert, but it doesn't support the linkage of Jazz artifacts.

Regards
Matthias

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Feb 12 '11, 4:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
RTC is totally new to me, I just installed RTC 3.0 and would like to have the RTC SVN integration in place for proof of concept. In my effort to install Subclipse via the RTC client, I went to the Help menu and selected Install New Softwares. However, I am stucked at the Review Licenses step, the Next and Finish buttons are not available even after I selected "I accept the terms of the license agreements". I tried restarting and reinstalling the RTC client but still have the same issue. Any suggestion and advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi

The RTC client is really Eclipse with the RTC plugins installed. It sounds like the problem is installing Subclipse into Eclipse. You may want to check the Subclipse documentation for how to install. There did appear to be a problem installing Subclipse into Eclipse 3.5.2 (i did a Google search on "install subclipse into eclipse 3.5.2) - but hopefully this is now resolved.

regards

anthony

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Feb 14 '11, 10:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
RTC is totally new to me, I just installed RTC 3.0 and would like to have the RTC SVN integration in place for proof of concept. In my effort to install Subclipse via the RTC client, I went to the Help menu and selected Install New Softwares. However, I am stucked at the Review Licenses step, the Next and Finish buttons are not available even after I selected "I accept the terms of the license agreements". I tried restarting and reinstalling the RTC client but still have the same issue. Any suggestion and advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi

The RTC client is really Eclipse with the RTC plugins installed. It sounds like the problem is installing Subclipse into Eclipse. You may want to check the Subclipse documentation for how to install. There did appear to be a problem installing Subclipse into Eclipse 3.5.2 (i did a Google search on "install subclipse into eclipse 3.5.2) - but hopefully this is now resolved.

regards

anthony

Thanks Anthony for your reply :-) I was able to install Subsclipse successfully on one of our RTC instances after copying the eclipse directory that has Subsclipse installed from my teammate. I repeated the same steps on other instances but still have the same issue, I will keep troubleshooting though.

Thanks again!!

Hi

I am glad you could install subclipse on at least one of your RTC instances - what problem are you having now?

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.