It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC-SCM-CLI: how to suppress fec.exe crash in case of wrong arguments to lscm

Karthikeyan Baskaran (45813) | asked Oct 10 '13, 8:40 a.m.
retagged Dec 16 '13, 3:55 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
I'm building a wrapper tool (C# .net) around the RTC SCM CLI
This wrapper tool calls lscm.bat (from RTC-scmTools-Win-4.0.3 installation)

When I called lscm.bat for the command "create stream", I provided a wrong server path (-r) as input.
This resulted in crash of fec.exe
fec.exe has stopped working -> close program/debug program

what is this fec.exe program ? Are there other scenarios in which this might crash ? Is there a way to suppress this crash window ?

Thanks for your help in advance.

2 answers

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Oct 29 '13, 12:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 29 '13, 12:20 a.m.
lscm.bat excutes fec.exe which is the front end client that launches the daemon (scm.exe). The daemon then performs the operation and returns the result back.
Providing an incorrect server path should not crash fec.exe and should report an error.

Does the crash happen consistently?

Comments
Karthikeyan Baskaran commented Oct 29 '13, 1:35 a.m.

I couldn't reproduce the issue now. When I provide wrong server URL, I get a proper error message as:

Could not log in to <server> as user <user>: CRJAZ2385E Cannot connect to the repository at URL <server>. This can happen if you have supplied an incorrect URI or if the server is down.
Unfortunately, I now do not remember whether I executed any other commands before executing the create stream command with wrong arguments, which might have resulted in that crash. However, I would like to keep this topic open for some more time so that I could observe if this crash occurs for me again in any other scenario. In that case, I'll revert back to you.

Thanks for support.

Karthikeyan Baskaran commented Oct 29 '13, 1:37 a.m.

Sorry, a side question.
How can I attach an image file here ?
I've an image of that fec.exe crash, But I couldn't attach it as it informs me that a reputation > 60 is required. Is there another way ?

Karl Weinert commented Oct 29 '13, 8:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You need a reputation of 60 before you can attach images.

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Oct 29 '13, 4:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you can reproduce please open a defect. Thanks.
In your reply window use the "Insert Image" toolbar button to attach an image.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.