It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Web client version of Rational Team Concert - adding categoies

Robin Freeman (161112) | asked Sep 10 '13, 12:15 p.m.
 We have a project set up with many Vendors listed under a Category of "Factory."  Now, we want to add a new vendor under "Factory."  I have found the list on the "Team Area Hierarchy," but when I add the new vendor there, but then when I go to add the vendor under the "Categories" section, I don't see the Vendor.  I tried to add the new Vendor there, but it doesn't show up.  What am I doing wrong?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Sep 10 '13, 11:33 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Based on the question, it sounds like you want to create a team area for the vendor, a category for the vendor, and then link the vendor category to the vendor team area (right?).  Suppose the new vendor is "Acme".  You first go to the Team Area Hierarchy on the General page of the Project Area Editor, and create a new Team Area called "Acme Team".  Then hit "save".  Then go to the Category page, and create a new Category named "Acme".  Then click on the "Associated Team/Project Area" column of the new Category, and in the selection box, select the team area "Acme Team".  Then hit "save".   You now have a team area and category for your Acme vendor, and the Acme category is mapped to the Acme team area.
Robin Freeman selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Robin Freeman commented Sep 13 '13, 11:17 a.m.

Thank you.  This was the answer I was looking for. 

One other answer

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Sep 10 '13, 4:19 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Do you get an error on the screen?
If not, make sure you are saving the project area after you create the new category.
You can also check that you are using a supported browser, or try to create a new category in a different browser to see if the behaviour is the same.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.