It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How I update the author contributor userID in Personal Dashboards when I rename a user?

Flavio Peralta (2337) | asked Sep 09 '13, 4:05 p.m.
retagged Sep 10 '13, 1:08 p.m. by Chris Goldthorpe (4287)
 I'm trying to change the userID of some users but when I do it they lose her personal Dashboards. If they login to RTC and go to their dashboard a new one was created, when try to access their old dashboard it throws the following exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: invalid UUID.
How I could change the author contributor userID in the Dashboard so it can be accessible again for the owner?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Sep 16 '13, 3:22 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The username is directly tied to the personal dashboard, meaning once you change the username, the personal dashboard is lost. There is no utility within RTC to re-configure this mapping once a username is changed.
Keep in mind that changing the username is not officially supported, and there is no guarantee that links or history will be maintained. It should be used with caution and only when necessary.

Our development team is investigating a fix for this via the following work item:
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Foundation#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=279722
I suggest you open up a PMR with IBM Support to see if you are a candidate to apply the server side patch to workaround this issue.
Flavio Peralta selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.