It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Time spent

Alexandre Massabki (611) | asked Aug 09 '13, 9:39 p.m.
 Is there any way to get RTC to show the time only in hours? So for example 1 day 2 hours would be displayed as 10 hours. Either on export?  So, how can I make a formula to compare planned effort x time spent in Excel (or in RTC). I'm using RTC 4

Thanks in advance!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rommel Salterio (5634) | answered Aug 12 '13, 4:45 a.m.
I am using RTC 3 and what I do is export the result of a query to csv and I use "internal value" instead of "label" for the time spent field (in the second wizard page of the Export Work Items wizard).  This way, I get the time spent in milliseconds and I use formula in Excel to calculate the time spent in hours.

Not sure if this holds true for RTC 4.
Alexandre Massabki selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jim Tykal commented Mar 18 '14, 12:07 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

So, this answer correctly explains how to get a consistent time unit on export, but is there a way to force the GUI to display Time Spent in hours only -- at least while editing the attribute value? As I'm working on a task, I repeatedly have to go back in and add an hour or so to the Time Spent attribute. Although the math isn't difficult, it's a pain to have to convert the fractional days to hours, add time, and save it. It would be much easier if I could always work in hours.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.