It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Connect RTC to embedded Sametime

Tobias Burkhardt (181815) | asked Jul 10 '13, 2:52 a.m.
retagged Jul 22 '13, 4:46 p.m. by Ralph Earle (25739)

Hello,

I want to connect RTC with my local embedded Sametime (Version 8.5.2.1) application in Lotus Notes (Version 8.5.3FP4).

To connect RTC with Sametime I used this manual Connect Sametime.

Now my question, what features must I activate to install, because if I select something from the folders "Sametime ..." I get always this error: " Chatwindow DND Feature Patch for 8.0 (1.0.0.200805131418) requires feature "com.ibm.collaboration.realtime.chat.feature (8.0.0.20071119-1552)" ".

If I choose something from the folder Jazz Collaboration I get this error when I want to install it.

Can someone please help me with this error. I have installed the newest RTC Version 4.0.3.

Thanks & Regards

Tobias

2 answers

permanent link
Simon Eickel (1.1k75457) | answered Aug 22 '13, 2:19 a.m.
The problem is that this Sametime Plugin IBM provides is an unsigned PlugIn - why does IBM create unsigned PlugIns for their own applications?

Installation of unsigned PlugIns gets denied by default. To enable installation of unsigned PlugIns you have to change the value of the property "com.ibm.rcp.security.update/EXPIRED_SIGNATURE_POLICY" within the "plugin_customization.ini" to "PROMT" - then you get informed to decide the behaviour. (Even ALLOW is possible but inadvisable)

But be aware:
If there is a global policy which sets this value to "DENY" your local change won't work.

Greetings,
Simon

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 10 '13, 10:18 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi, you just install Jazz collaboration for 8.5. You have to make sure to check to install (default - do not install is selected) in the dialog complaining about the unsigned plug ins. You have to do that for all three windows.

You can just follow the help. (.5 does not need patches for 7.x or 8.0x.

Comments
Tobias Burkhardt commented Jul 12 '13, 3:59 a.m.

Hello Ralph,

I don't understand your answer.

What I have to choose for the Jazz collaboration for 8.5 because in the first picture there is nothing withc 8.5.

Where is the dialog with the unsigned plug ins and what three windows do you mean?

Thanks & Regards

Tobias

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 12 '13, 4:08 a.m.

You choose the first checkbox in your picture "Jazz Collaboration". Then you install. You will then get message windows where you will have to confirm the install.

Tobias Burkhardt commented Jul 12 '13, 4:58 a.m.

I did that. At first I choosed "Jazz Collaboration", then I accept the licenses and at last I pressed finish on the Summary window and the installation started. But then the error in the second picture appears.

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 12 '13, 5:11 a.m.

You have to select the top level folder. There are three things that belong together. I selected the top level and it worked fine for me.

Tobias Burkhardt commented Jul 17 '13, 2:01 a.m.

Thanks for your help Ralph but I get always the error message

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 18 '13, 8:25 a.m.

I am out of options. For me it worked like a charm, the way I described it.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.