It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] RRDI Report Studio - 'sqlPrepareWithOptions' status='-56'.

pruszek nicolas (1122) | asked Jul 09 '13, 9:38 a.m.
closed Feb 05 '18, 9:45 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
Installed & configured RQM 4.02, CLM 4.0.2 and RRDI 2.0.1 using SQL SERVER 2008 on win server 2008 r2 x64.

When I execute a report in Report Studio (reporting data model RQM), I get the error below ...
RQP-DEF-0177
An error occurred while performing operation 'sqlPrepareWithOptions' status='-56'.

IBM Cognos Administration:
Data Source for RQM with the Connection string defined: 
^User ID:^?Password:;LOCAL;OL;DBInfo_Type=MS;Provider=SQLNCLI10;User ID=%s;Password=%s;Data Source=winsiadsqlsrv01.mtl.siaai0.local\CLM01;Provider_String=Initial Catalog=rqm;@COLSEQ=

and the passcode: rptuser
The user used to execute the report is the same used to collecte data

Error:
(Inappropriate SQL request - Unable to complete preparation deferred)

UDA-SQL-0115 Demande SQL inappropriée.UDA-SQL-0564 [Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0]Impossible de terminer la préparation différée.UDA-SQL-0564 [Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0]Statement(s) could not be prepared. (SQLSTATE=42000, SQLERRORCODE=8180)UDA-SQL-0564 [Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0]Invalid object name 'catalog.System.DATASOURCES'. (SQLSTATE=42S02, SQLERRORCODE=208)RSV-SRV-0042 Parcours arrière :RSReportService.cpp(722): QFException: CCL_CAUGHT: RSReportService::process()RSReportServiceMethod.cpp(263): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSReportServiceMethod::process(): promptPagingForward_RequestRSASyncExecutionThread.cpp(808): QFException: RSASyncExecutionThread::checkExceptionRSASyncExecutionThread.cpp(260): QFException: CCL_CAUGHT: RSASyncExecutionThread::runImpl(): promptPagingForward_RequestRSASyncExecutionThread.cpp(864): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSASyncExecutionThread::processCommand(): promptPagingForward_RequestExecution/RSRenderExecution.cpp(670): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSRenderExecution::executeAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(291): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchAssemblyAssembly/RSLayoutAssembly.cpp(79): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSLayoutAssembly::assembleAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(358): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchChildrenAssemblyForwardAssembly/RSReportPagesAssembly.cpp(179): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSReportPagesAssembly::assembleAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(308): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchAssemblyAssembly/RSPageAssembly.cpp(303): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSPageAssembly::assembleAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(308): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchAssemblyAssembly/RSTableRowAssembly.cpp(177): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSTableRowAssembly::assembleAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(308): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchAssemblyAssembly/RSTableCellAssembly.cpp(137): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSTableCellAssembly::assembleAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(358): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchChildrenAssemblyForwardAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(308): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchAssemblyAssembly/RSAssembly.cpp(662): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSAssembly::createListIteratorAssembly/RSAssembly.cpp(717): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSAssembly::createListIteratorRSQueryMgr.cpp(1055): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSQueryMgr::getListIteratorRSQueryMgr.cpp(1131): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSQueryMgr::getResultSetIteratorRSQueryMgr.cpp(1295): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSQueryMgr::createIteratorRSQueryMgr.cpp(1569): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSQueryMgr::executeRsapiCommandRSQueryMgr.cpp(1559): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSQueryMgr::executeRsapiCommandRSQueryMgrExecutionHandlerImpl.cpp(168): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSQueryMgrExecutionHandlerImpl::execute()RSQueryMgrExecutionHandlerImpl.cpp(160): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSQueryMgrExecutionHandlerImpl::execute()QFSSession.cpp(1147): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QFSSession::ProcessDoRequest()QFSSession.cpp(1145): QFException: CCL_CAUGHT: QFSSession::ProcessDoRequest()QFSSession.cpp(1102): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QFSSession::ProcessDoRequest()QFSSession.cpp(1078): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QFSSession::ProcessDoRequest()QFSConnection.cpp(788): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QFSConnection::ExecuteQFSQuery.cpp(213): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QFSQuery::Execute v2CoordinationQFSQuery.cpp(4456): QFException: CCL_THROW: CoordinationPlanner

An idea to solve this issue?

The question has been closed for the following reason: "Problem is not reproducible or outdated" by rschoon Feb 05 '18, 9:45 a.m.

2 answers

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered Jul 09 '13, 11:18 a.m.
I found this technote which suggests that this could possibly be a problem with the database connectivity. However I would also check if there are any memory or transaction log related errors on the database logs.

permanent link
sia support (11) | answered Jan 29 '18, 8:42 a.m.

Hello,

i have the same issue and the link of the technote is off.
Any one have the solution please ?

Comments
Kenji Sarai commented Jan 30 '18, 12:52 a.m.

Here is the extraction from the technote.
"Check the specified database connection in the Framework Manager model. Check
if there are special permissions/signons set for the database connection.
Reseting the connection to the database in the Framework Manager model and
importing the metadata new solved this issue."

If you are using RRDI, there is no Framework Manager. Try to re-import the metadata package (which is downloaded from CLM) in Cognos Administration. 

sia support commented Feb 05 '18, 8:43 a.m.

I applied this procedure : https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSWMEQ_3.0.1/com.ibm.rational.rcpr.help.doc/topics/t_setup_live_reporting.html?view=embed

But the problem is not solved.
When i try to test the live report, the application does not ask me the name of the ResourceGroup.
I don't know what is the problem.
Have you got any idea ? 

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 05 '18, 9:45 a.m. | edited Feb 05 '18, 9:47 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you want people to look at your issue, I would strongly recommend you create your own question and not ask your question as an answer to a 4 years old question.

If you decide to create your own question consider reading How should I ask a question in the Forum if I want to receive useful answers? and provide the information that is typically needed e.g. the versions of tools you are working with.

Thanks