It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Mass Jazz source control download ?

Zbynek Vavros (2844) | asked Jun 20 '13, 7:25 a.m.
Hi everyone,

we have an RTC instance with quite many project areas.
I would like to ask if there is "EASY" way how to get all the sources codes from all the projects areas.

I can go one by one but that would take forever....

Thanks, Zbynek

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jun 20 '13, 2:34 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Source code doesn't live in project areas ... it lives in components.   In addition, source code can exist in multiple parallel streams, so you need to specify what stream you want to download.   So to download all of the source code from the repository, create a stream that contains all of the components in the repository, create a repository workspace on that stream, and load the repository workspace into your sandbox of choice.
Zbynek Vavros selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Zbynek Vavros commented Jun 24 '13, 7:11 a.m. | edited Jun 24 '13, 7:11 a.m.

Hello,

first let me thank you for your post.

When I try to add a component to this "master stream", I get the options (on Choose where to find the component to add):
- Component baseline - not most recent code
- Component from a snapshot - the same
- Component in another repository workspace or stream - that probably what I need but I can choose only the ones I have created repository workspace for.That would mean to create repository workspace for each project area/stream....considering we have 101 project areas with average 3 streams....a lot of clicking....

Or did I overlooked something ?

Thanks a lot for bothering with me :)

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jun 24 '13, 10:29 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

In the "component form another repository workspace or stream", you should be able to select any stream that you are allowed to read (i.e. that belong to project/team areas that you are a member of).   Are you a member of those project areas?  Or if not, can you log on to RTC as someone that is a member?

Zbynek Vavros commented Jun 25 '13, 5:31 a.m.

Did what you said and works just fine.
It is still quite some clicking to add all streams to "master stream" but I managed.
Thanks once again.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.