It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Automating Duplication of the existing Master Test Plan and Child Test Plan plus linked TC and TS.

anoop mc (74811199221) | asked May 07 '13, 5:30 a.m.

Hi,

One of our project team has created testplans,testcases and testscripts - linked together for Integration Testing.

INT - MasterTestPlans
             --- INT-Child Test Plan1
                           ----INT-TestCase1
                                       ---INT-TestScript1

Requirement :

There are around a total of 100 artifacts which need to be duplicated for performance testing.

They would like to retain the same structure, rename all the artifacts as it starts with name PERF

PERF -MasterTestPlans
             ----- PERF-Child Test Plan1
                          ---PERF-TestCase1
                                    ---PERF-TestScript1

I dont see any option to do this apart from doing it manually.

Manual Steps:

1.    Duplicate the Master Test Plan and Child Test Plan existing,
2.    Rename the copy of Master Test Plan by adding “PERF” at the beginning of the  name,
3.    Rename the copy of Child Test Plan by replacing “INT” by “PERF” at the beginning  of the name,
4.    Copy every Test cases and Test scripts associated in the new Master Test Plan  and Child Test Plan          (to  be sure that the copy is independent of the original),
5.    Rename the copy of Test cases and Test scripts by replace “INT” by “PERF” at the  beginning of the    name,
6.    Re-link every new Test cases and new Test scripts to the corresponding new Child       Test Plan.

Let me know if there is any easy way to do this.

Comments
Bob Gallagher commented May 07 '13, 7:19 a.m.

Which version of RQM is being used?

I can see copying the Master and Child Plans but can I ask why you are copying each of  the Test Cases and Test Scripts as opposed to re-using them in the new plans?

One answer

permanent link
anoop mc (74811199221) | answered May 07 '13, 9:13 a.m.

We are using RQM 2.0.1 iFix5.

I can see copying the Master and Child Plans but can I ask why you are copying each of  the Test Cases and Test Scripts as opposed to re-using them in the new plans?
I do agree to what you say in the above statement. Here the project team doesn`t want to reuse the existing Testscripts and TestCases. When you duplicate an existing TestPlan or ChildTestPlan it contains the existing TC and TS which needs to be deleted and the new TC & TS has to be attached.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.