It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to add Test Enviroments in testplan using RQM EXCEL import utility?

eirini petraki (5178) | asked Apr 12 '13, 6:43 a.m.
Im using the Excel import utility. I'm able to add enviroments with the Excel import utility (have checked with Lab management->Test Enviroments) but im not able to link those imported enviroments with my testplan using Excel import utility.  Wich is the correct syntax to add in testplan section: "Test Environments" the environments i wand?

My trial with:
testplan.Section("com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.planEnvironment","RQM-KEY-TP-TEST-ENV-TITLE")=Div(C10)
 is definitely to correct!

Comments
Max Bridges commented Apr 12 '13, 8:05 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Have you looked at the samples in the utility's install directory? The All in One config file mentions "Test Environment Details ("com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.planTestEnvDetails","RQM-KEY-TP-TEST-ENV-DETAIL-TITLE"), but not "Test Environments."

Also, see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter#Creating_Configuration_Files for a detailed guide to creating config files.

One answer

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Apr 16 '13, 12:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi eirini,
you can use the config testplan.configuration=Link(H3) to link to environment.
H3 should store the internal id or external id of the test environment, the internal format would be "urn:com.ibm.rqm:configuration:1"
please refer to
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi#HTTP_GET_Requests
for test environment.

Comments
eirini petraki commented Apr 18 '13, 4:03 a.m.

so if i want to add existing test environments to my test plan I should

1. use the config testplan.configuration=Link(H3)
  2. in Cell H3 i should store the internal format of test environments like:
    urn:com.ibm.rqm:configuration:1
    urn:com.ibm.rqm:configuration:2
    urn:com.ibm.rqm:configuration:5
    if i want to add existing test environments with internal ID 1,2 and 5
My Question were i see the internal ID of existing test environments? (for Test Casess and Test Scripts I see the corresponding Column)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.