It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to add Test Enviroments in testplan using RQM EXCEL import utility?

eirini petraki (5178) | asked Apr 12 '13, 6:43 a.m.
Im using the Excel import utility. I'm able to add enviroments with the Excel import utility (have checked with Lab management->Test Enviroments) but im not able to link those imported enviroments with my testplan using Excel import utility.  Wich is the correct syntax to add in testplan section: "Test Environments" the environments i wand?

My trial with:
testplan.Section("com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.planEnvironment","RQM-KEY-TP-TEST-ENV-TITLE")=Div(C10)
 is definitely to correct!

Comments
Max Bridges commented Apr 12 '13, 8:05 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Have you looked at the samples in the utility's install directory? The All in One config file mentions "Test Environment Details ("com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.planTestEnvDetails","RQM-KEY-TP-TEST-ENV-DETAIL-TITLE"), but not "Test Environments."

Also, see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter#Creating_Configuration_Files for a detailed guide to creating config files.

One answer

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Apr 16 '13, 12:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi eirini,
you can use the config testplan.configuration=Link(H3) to link to environment.
H3 should store the internal id or external id of the test environment, the internal format would be "urn:com.ibm.rqm:configuration:1"
please refer to
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi#HTTP_GET_Requests
for test environment.

Comments
eirini petraki commented Apr 18 '13, 4:03 a.m.

so if i want to add existing test environments to my test plan I should

1. use the config testplan.configuration=Link(H3)
  2. in Cell H3 i should store the internal format of test environments like:
    urn:com.ibm.rqm:configuration:1
    urn:com.ibm.rqm:configuration:2
    urn:com.ibm.rqm:configuration:5
    if i want to add existing test environments with internal ID 1,2 and 5
My Question were i see the internal ID of existing test environments? (for Test Casess and Test Scripts I see the corresponding Column)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.