It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRDI: Empty Report when using the "File Stream Metrics (Current Snapshot)" package

Martin Wassermann (13864144) | asked Apr 10 '13, 8:38 a.m.
retagged Apr 10 '13, 7:27 p.m. by Sudhakar Frederick (80113631)

I want to create a RRDI report that gives me a overview of the size of files in the source control per project area

Therefore I have created a new report with query studio. Thus I'm not interested in historical data I used the "File Stream Metrics (Current Snapshot)" package. But then the report says "No data available". If I use the package "File Stream Metric" I got data. Did anybody know why I didn't get data when I use the current snapshot package? File Stream Metrics (Current Snapshot)

File Stream Metrics

And how can I see the data of all project area? If I use my normal Jazz User account I see only the data of my project area. If I take my Jazz Admin Account I receive no data? Is it necessary that I add a reporting user to all project areas?

Another strange fact is, that even if the reprt has shown data, and I add the "name" parameter from "File Stream Details" the report did not work anymore. How can I show the name and size of the streams in the RRDI report?

Add the attribute name to the Fuile Stream Metrics report

3 answers

permanent link
Sudhakar Frederick (80113631) | answered Apr 23 '13, 4:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Martin

Regarding an easy way of filtering to the current date, I don't know of a way to do that in Query Studio. In Report Studio you can do it by using a prompt to pick the date and then use that value to filter on. If you want the default date for the prompt to be the current date then you need to use something like what's presented in "Setting dynamic default date prompts" .

Regarding what you see in the report vs the UI for different users, could you raise a defect with details of your configuration, the Jazz and Project Area roles each user has, the Project Area's membership and the Access Control setting. I'm also seeing some conflicting results so if you can raise the defect I can confirm if I'm seeing the same thing.

Comments
Matthias Fuß commented Jul 04 '13, 5:07 a.m.

Hi Sudhakar,

i am a member of martin wassermanns team and tried to display data of all projects with the same result. So i created a defect:  link 

I did some research and found this in the documentation: link 

In my opinion this sounds like that changing the Data Model to the "no security" one allows me to see always all available data inside the data warehouse without any permission restriction?

But after doing all these steps, there is no new data model inside the "Reporting Data Models" folder and it does not look like the old "Reporting Data Model (DW)" has been overwritten, because the "Modified" attribute has not changed.

permanent link
Martin Wassermann (13864144) | answered Apr 22 '13, 8:42 a.m.
edited Apr 22 '13, 8:42 a.m.

Thanks that helps a lot.

Do you know a simple way to pick the current date in the filter? When I want to add a filter to a date column he displays me all days from 2005 to 2018.

For this I believe this is the way the security model (permissions and visibility) is applied (but I haven't tested it): if you can't see something in the application UI, then you shouldn't be able to see it in a report either. Can you try logging in as a user that can see all the streams/components and run the same report?
And that is what didn't work. With my RTC user account I have access to several project areas and their streams. But in the RRDI Report I see only the one of them. (In Eclipse I have access to the Streams of the other Project Areas with the same account).
But when I use my Jazz Admin account (with Jazz Admin privileges) the report shows no data. When I look in the Eclipse client, I can see all Streams in the repository. Do you have an idea why there is the difference in the visibility?
Thanks and regards, Martin

permanent link
Sudhakar Frederick (80113631) | answered Apr 10 '13, 7:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Martin

You're right that current snapshot doesn't have anything it but I just enabled theSCM Snapshot task and ran the ETLs for the first time so I don't know if the Current snapshot will be populated for every subsequent run. Perhaps the RM/RRD team will answer that one

"And how can I see the data of all project area?" 
For this I believe this is the way the security model (permissions and visibility) is applied (but I haven't tested it): if you can't see something in the application UI, then you shouldn't be able to see it in a report either. Can you try logging in as a user that can see all the streams/components and run the same report?

"How can I show the name and size of the streams"
The "File Stream Detail" *is* indeed populated:

But if you want to show the details in a Query Studio list with measures  I think you need to use the Dimensions :

Which will give you:

HTH

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.