It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why this error is coming ?

Shyam Narkhede (111) | asked Apr 10 '13, 2:22 a.m.

I am getting below error when connecting to RTC using java libraries.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Found two dtoEvolution elements with the same componentVersion value in bundle com.ibm.team.scm.common.

Does anyone know the reason ?

My RTC Server and Java API Version is same.

Regards.

Comments
Sterling Bates commented Apr 11 '13, 2:01 p.m.

It appears to be related to the latest JRE updates.  I wasn't getting this exception prior to updating to the latest Java 7 SR.  I guess the good news is it's not fatal (though marked as SEVERE).

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 10 '13, 2:34 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 15 '13, 3:08 a.m.
Hi Shyam,

I have seen this error in servers lately, especially in 4.x. I am not convinced t is a problem with your API usage. I think it is probably an issue with the product. I can't tell if it is serious. I found https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=236985 (4.0 should be fixed in 4.0.1)
and talks about Java7, what JRE are you running against?

Comments
Shyam Narkhede commented Apr 10 '13, 2:41 a.m.

Thanks Ralph!

Sterling Bates commented Apr 11 '13, 2:11 p.m. | edited Apr 12 '13, 10:44 a.m.

Ralph, I believe 236985 (BTW both links point to that defect) indicates a regression from the work item it was duped against (217225).  Can you check to see if that's a correct assessment?

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 15 '13, 3:10 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sterling, that seems to be correct. I fixed my comment above. https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=217225 seems to be the important one.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.