It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Connector to Tivoli Maximo: Anything planned?

Shane Hoey (21131) | asked Nov 20 '08, 11:47 a.m.
Hi,

Not sure if this is the right forum for this question (here goes);

Tivilo Maximo has a ticketing system (for support calls etc); is any integration on the cards which would allow easy transfer / conversion of a Ticket in Maximo to a Work Iten / Defect in RTC;

If not already done, any ideas on how much effort would be involved.

thanks,

Shane.

7 answers

permanent link
Todd Lainhart (40611) | answered Nov 20 '08, 2:08 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
shane.hoey.de.ibm.com wrote:
Hi,

Tivilo Maximo has a ticketing system (for support calls etc); is any
integration on the cards which would allow easy transfer / conversion
of a Ticket in Maximo to a Work Iten / Defect in RTC;

thanks,

Shane.

I'm not aware of any plans on record for integrating Rational Team Concert with
Maximo. However, you should continue this conversation with Adrian Cho,
Development Mgr. for RTC.

One approach for integration would be similar to what we do for ClearQuest
synchronization with RTC Workitems, generalized to accommodate Maximo. I can't
speculate on how much effort might be involved.

--
Todd Lainhart
Jazz Repository/Foundation Team

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Nov 21 '08, 11:10 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't know anything about Tivoli Maximo, so can't speculate on the effort to create a connector either. However, you could take a look at a wiki page on how to use the Item Connector framework to create a connector to try and judge that for yourself:

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ItemConnectorCreation

John
Jazz ClearQuest Connector Team

shane.hoey.de.ibm.com wrote:
Hi,

Tivilo Maximo has a ticketing system (for support calls etc); is any
integration on the cards which would allow easy transfer / conversion
of a Ticket in Maximo to a Work Iten / Defect in RTC;

thanks,

Shane.

I'm not aware of any plans on record for integrating Rational Team Concert with
Maximo. However, you should continue this conversation with Adrian Cho,
Development Mgr. for RTC.

One approach for integration would be similar to what we do for ClearQuest
synchronization with RTC Workitems, generalized to accommodate Maximo. I can't
speculate on how much effort might be involved.

--
Todd Lainhart
Jazz Repository/Foundation Team

permanent link
Shane Hoey (21131) | answered Nov 21 '08, 11:45 a.m.
cool.....thanks guys

permanent link
Rolf Nelson (617159) | answered Jul 27 '09, 3:34 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
cool.....thanks guys

We have new documentation on how to create work items from the new RTC 2.0 SDK here.

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RtcSdk20

Notice you can create work items from either the Java API or from REST style interfaces (even using scripting like curl).

I'm going to contact the Tivoli folks about an integration with Maximo and RTC work items. This would be a nice enhancement for operations folks to easily create work items that need to be addressed by development.

permanent link
Rolf Nelson (617159) | answered Apr 12 '11, 5:36 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
cool.....thanks guys

We have new documentation on how to create work items from the new RTC 2.0 SDK here.

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RtcSdk20

Notice you can create work items from either the Java API or from REST style interfaces (even using scripting like curl).

I'm going to contact the Tivoli folks about an integration with Maximo and RTC work items. This would be a nice enhancement for operations folks to easily create work items that need to be addressed by development.

And now we have an integration available between Tivoli TSRM and RTC.

Here it is:

Movie:
http://bit.ly/i6HbWq

Code Download: ISML Deliverable and Documentation :

http://www-01.ibm.com/software/brandcatalog/ismlibrary/details?catalog.label=1TW10SR0V

Tivoli TSRM folks built the integration using OSLC, with rich hovers and links in both directions. Very cool.

If you are looking for the Pulse 2011 presentation and have access to that, it's called "Pulse 1294: OSLC TSRM & RTC"

--Rolf

permanent link
Larry McCarthy (2102224) | answered Jul 13 '11, 1:11 p.m.
That bit.ly link target seems to be defunct. What is probably the same video, along with a bit of bloggery and a link to code and documentation is available at this reassuringly long link: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/e25892f0-20f7-46ff-bbe9-c7c03fb3036f/entry/integrating_operations_management_tsrm_and_development_rtc_using_oslc?lang=en

- Larry.

Comments
Ginny Ghezzo commented Jul 26 '12, 11:13 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thank you for the link Larry. This was a topic of conversation last night.

permanent link
Rolf Nelson (617159) | answered Aug 20 '12, 2:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Here's a bit more info on this from a recent email thread on the topic.

Yes, we provided an RTC and ClearQuest integration in TSRM 7.2.1 and SmartCloud Control Desk 7.5, and then enhanced it in our 7.5.1 release.  Please forward this response to the right folks.

1) Have there been any updates to the integration since May of 2001 (that's the most recent information I've been able to find so far).

I'm assuming you are talking about the integration that is available on TSRM 7.2.1 via the ISM Library here: https://www-304.ibm.com/software/brandcatalog/ismlibrary/details?catalog.label=1TW10SR0V. 

In SmartCloud Control Desk 7.5 there were no updates made to this functionality, except for that we made the installation available from the product Launch Pad instead of the ISM Library.  In our upcoming release 7.5.1, we refactored the integration with RTC and ClearQuest.  In addition to the original use cases the TSRM integration supported, this adds the following enhancements:
-Support for more than one Service Provider definition per deployment.
-OAuth authentication is performed via an IBM certified Google API, as opposed to the homegrown OAuth solution implemented in the original TSRM integration.
-Support for non-Jazz based Service Providers.  The original integration only supported Jazz based tools.
-Better alignment with OSLC standards.
-Support for additional authentication schemes besides OAuth.

2) Are there any automatic update capabilities available such that a change in state to a work item in RTC would automatically update the state (or some other field) of a record in TSRM?  The OSLC integration doesn't seem to provide anything like this.

No unfortunately it does not, but this is a request we have heard from others, and are having conversations on how to accomplish this in future releases.

3) This agency is using TSRM to manage requests for assets, such as a new server or configuration changes to an environment.  The customer would like to be working in RTC and submit a request that gets pushed to TSRM.  Is this an out of the box integration or something that could be configured on their Jazz server?

The Maximo framework gives us the ability to be an OSLC consumer, but not a provider yet.  This means we can't expose information about Problems, Incidents, SRs, etc. to other OSLC consumers like RTC.  Maximo is looking into adding this ability in future releases.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.