It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

AssertionFailedException - import into Jazz Source Control

Bhadri Madapusi (181171) | asked Aug 21 '07, 2:55 p.m.
I created a Java project in Eclipse 3.3 and checked the code into my CVS. And did 3 subsequent commits to the CVS.

Using the same workspace (the project I created is still in my workspace) I imported the project from CVS to Jazz Source Control.

During the import I get the following assertion error. The repository workspace named CVS has all my changes (4 baselines - one for each commit) but my actual repository workspace has just the initial baseline. I see my other changes in the unresolved folder in the "Pending Changes" view.

Exception:

!ENTRY com.ibm.team.filesystem.cvs 4 0 2007-08-21 14:27:49.531
!MESSAGE Failed to import into Jazz Source Control: assertion failed:
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.core.runtime.AssertionFailedException: assertion failed:
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isTrue(Assert.java:109)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isTrue(Assert.java:95)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.FileItemInfo.<init>(FileItemInfo.java:152)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.FileItemInfo.<init>(FileItemInfo.java:143)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.load.UpdateMutator.createFolder(UpdateMutator.java:351)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.load.UpdateMutator.execute(UpdateMutator.java:814)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.operations.FileSystemOperation.run(FileSystemOperation.java:84)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.rcp.core.operations.EclipseWorkspaceUpdateOperation.loadFileArea(EclipseWorkspaceUpdateOperation.java:200)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.UpdateOperation.execute(UpdateOperation.java:126)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.rcp.core.operations.EclipseWorkspaceUpdateOperation.access$0(EclipseWorkspaceUpdateOperation.java:1)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.rcp.core.operations.EclipseWorkspaceUpdateOperation$1.run(EclipseWorkspaceUpdateOperation.java:168)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1797)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1779)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.rcp.core.operations.EclipseWorkspaceUpdateOperation.execute(EclipseWorkspaceUpdateOperation.java:177)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.operations.FileSystemOperation.run(FileSystemOperation.java:84)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.ccvs.operations.ImportOperation.doImport(ImportOperation.java:205)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.ccvs.operations.ImportOperation.doImport(ImportOperation.java:107)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.ccvs.ui.internal.CVSImportWrapper.doImport(CVSImportWrapper.java:68)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.ccvs.ui.ImportFromCVSWizard$1.run(ImportFromCVSWizard.java:166)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

3 answers

permanent link
Bhadri Madapusi (181171) | answered Aug 21 '07, 4:32 p.m.
I believe I get this exception only when the project I import from the CVS into the Repository workspace component is in my workspace and when the component is loaded.

permanent link
Dmitry Karasik (1.8k11) | answered Aug 22 '07, 6:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 20:37:39 +0000, bhadrim wrote:

I believe I get this exception only when the project I import from the
CVS into the Repository workspace component is in my workspace and when
the component is loaded.

Please open a bug.

permanent link
Bhadri Madapusi (181171) | answered Aug 22 '07, 12:09 p.m.
Thanks. Opened Defect 29578 to track this issue.

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Project#perspective=Work%20Items&action=viewWorkItem&id=29578

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.