It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Debugging attribture customization scripts

Terry Kemp (351012) | asked Mar 05 '13, 4:10 p.m.
edited Mar 05 '13, 4:32 p.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
In some of the posts here there is mention of an error log that shows errors that could help debug attribute customization scripts.  I have also seen code snippets that include statements such as:

console.log("Now is: " + date1);

I've looked in Help and can't find how to find the error log and the console log in the eclipse client - on version 3.0.1.1.

Can someone guide me?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 05 '13, 4:31 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Please consider looking into https://jazz.net/library/article/1093 the workshop also includes links to the wiki and other resources you should look at. Lab 5 is about JavaScript.
Terry Kemp selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Terry Kemp commented Mar 05 '13, 4:58 p.m.

OIC - the logs are on the server.  Unfortunately I don't have access to that as I am a project owner of a project area, not an admin of the overall server.

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 06 '13, 3:46 a.m.

Terry, some are on the server, if you use an Eclipse client some customizations log into the Eclipse log.

Natalia Liaskovski commented Sep 12 '13, 2:51 p.m. | edited Sep 12 '13, 2:53 p.m.

I am not sure where in the depths of the pdf and numerious zip files of  https://jazz.net/library/article/1093  the answer is.

Can someone please just give a straight answers to which log on the server (tomcat) (and it's location) ?

(This particular logging does NOT appear to be in Eclipse client log, nor does it appear on the js browser console)

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 13 '13, 3:34 a.m. | edited Sep 13 '13, 4:06 a.m.

All that info is in Lab 5. Consider searching the PDF for 'debug'.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.