It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Installing RTC 4.0 into eclipse 3.7

Sean Burke (3789136235) | asked Feb 20 '13, 2:56 p.m.
I want to install RTC into a 3.7 existing eclipse client.  I have been referring to the following document below.  Is it necessary to install the web installation manager?  I was hoping that it was possible to go to Help/Install Software in eclipse, provide an IBM URL  and get the necessary stuff downloaded to the right places locally.   Also the document  refers to patches that need to be downloaded into eclipse but the patches are for 3.6.2 version.  What about the other versions?  We have a few versions of eclipse here and standardization isn't going to happen overnight.  Also the installation manager requires administrator rights to install so I was hoping avoid that.  Thanks a lot

Accepted answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Feb 20 '13, 3:38 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can install using p2 and download the p2 install zip from the downloads page. Instead of pointing the Eclipse Help/Install to a URL, you point to where you unzipped the p2 zip and all the dependencies will be calculated and installed for you.
Sean Burke selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sean Burke commented Feb 20 '13, 3:45 p.m. | edited Feb 20 '13, 3:49 p.m.

Thanks Tim.  This helps.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.