It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can related assets be ordered?

Janette Wong (711311) | asked Feb 20 '13, 10:24 a.m.

Hi,

I have a requirement to establish relationships among assets but the relationships need to be ordered.  e.g. Asset X is related to Asset A, Asset B, and Asset C.  Asset X is of one asset type and Assets B, C, D are of a different asset type.

In both display and edit mode, I need the ordering of Asset A, Asset B, and Asset C to be maintained (in their relationships to Asset X).  e.g. Assume I first create the relationship between Asset X and Asset A, then I create the relationship between Asset X and Asset B, and then between Asset X and Asset C.  In edit mode, I want to see the list of related assets (for Asset X) in this order:  Asset A, Asset B, Asset C.  Similarly for display mode.

Can RAM meet this requirement out-of-the-box?  I played with RAM and have the impression that Related Assets do not maintain order.

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered Feb 20 '13, 10:43 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 20 '13, 10:44 a.m.
The display explicitly shows the assets in sorted order by name of the asset. There is no implicit ordering that is maintained in the system databases.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.