Download 7.0.2SR1 Release
The foundation of IBM Engineering Lifecycle Management
Jazz Foundation 18.104.22.168
Product Release / Trial | April 23, 2019
This is not the most recent version. We recommend Jazz Foundation 7.0.2 SR1. This is made available for archival purposes and may contain bugs and/or security vulnerabilities. If you do download this version, it is being provided AS IS, without warranties of any kind, including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. We strongly advise you review the support pages for this version and update the product or take actions recommended therein. Security bulletins contain instructions for the security vulnerability addressed therein, and may require upgrading to a newer version. Link to security vulnerability blog: IBM PSIRT blog.
Upgrading to Jazz Foundation 22.214.171.124
Before you upgrade
For a list of changes to the installation and upgrade process, see the CLM and IoT CE 126.96.36.199 Installation and Upgrade Notes.
If you plan to upgrade to this release, be aware of the following items:
- You can upgrade to this release from any version 5 or version 6 release.
- If you are upgrading from version 5.0 or later, see Upgrading to version 188.8.131.52.
- Upgrading from a version 4 release to a version 6 release is a two-step process. First, you must upgrade your server to the latest fix pack of the version 5 release, start the server, and ensure that the upgrade is successful. Then, you can upgrade to the version 6 release. For more information, see Upgrading from version 4 to the current version.
- If the CLM applications to upgrade are colocated in the same WebSphere Application Server profile, on WebSphere Liberty, or on Apache Tomcat, you must upgrade all the applications at the same time.
- The required runtime environment and preferred server versions for the CLM and IoT CE applications are as follows:
- Java 8 with WebSphere Liberty 18
- Java 8 with WebSphere Application Server 9
Note: Do not use Oracle JDBC driver 184.108.40.206.0 because this version of the driver contains a defect. For details, see repotools -createTables command fails with ORA-01000 on Oracle 12 on the IBM Support portal page.
- If you are upgrading from a version other than 6.0.5 or later, or will now use WebSphere Liberty or a version of Java that was built after April 2017, after you upgrade your server to 220.127.116.11 you must obtain updated licenses from the IBM Rational License Key Center to replace your current licenses. If you previously used floating, token, or authorized user single install licenses, install their updated versions. Your existing user license assignments are kept during the installation of the updated licenses. For details, see the upgrade instructions in the Interactive Upgrade Guide.
- On IBM i, if you upgrade to this version from a version 5 release, the upgrade takes longer than previous upgrades because the database includes structural changes to support new features.
- If you use Lifecycle Query Engine for reporting, you might have to reindex the data sources after the upgrade, depending on which application and version you upgrade from. For details, see the Interactive Upgrade Guide.
- If you upgrade to version 18.104.22.168 from a version 6 release of Rational DOORS Next Generation or Design Management, the Interactive Upgrade Guide instructs you to query for whether artifacts have more than one current version, and, if so, to run the -repairMultipleVersionsMarkedAsCurrent repository tools command before the upgrade. This command addresses a known issue where concurrent changes to an artifact can cause version issues in configurations. The -repairMultipleVersionsMarkedAsCurrent repository tools command is available in 6.0.5 and in interim fixes of the earlier version 6 releases. For versions 6.0 through 6.0.4, you must apply the interim fix that contains the command before you can run it:
- 6.0 interim fix 014
- 6.0.1 interim fix 015
- 6.0.2 interim fix 013
- 6.0.3 interim fix 008a
- 6.0.4 interim fix 003
If you run the query and it detects more than one current version of an artifact, but the -repairMultipleVersionsMarkedAsCurrent repository tools command is not available, do not upgrade to version 22.214.171.124.
- When you upgrade to 126.96.36.199, you must rebuild the full-text search indexes because the Apache Lucene full-text search engine was upgraded to a more recent version. For details, see Work Item 467854.
- If you use Microsoft SQL Server as your database, and Rational Quality Manager has configuration management enabled and includes a large number of artifacts or test results, conduct performance regression testing before you deploy Rational Quality Manager 188.8.131.52 in a production environment.
- Upgrading Rational DOORS Next Generation to version 184.108.40.206 might be slower than expected if you are also upgrading other applications with databases on the same database server. For details, see Work Item 128542.
- For 220.127.116.11, a Report Builder report exported to Microsoft Excel exports a maximum of 5000 records by default. If you have a larger set of records, the report might be truncated. You can modify this on the server to change the default behavior. For more information, see Limiting the number of Excel records in a report.