Workaround: Installation of RTC P2 update site into an Eclipse 4.3.2 client
Li Zhu, IBM Canada, Victor Villaseñor, IBM Mexico
Last updated: 28 April 2015
Build Basis: Rational Team Concert 4.0.6, 5.0.0, 5.0.1, 5.0.2, 6.0
For compatibility with Eclipse 4.x.x, installation of the Rational Team Concert client with the Rational Team Concert P2 update site into an Eclipse 4.x.x client requires dependency updates from the appropiate Eclipse update site.
The Rational Team Concert client is missing functionality due to dependency requirements not being satisfied for components in Rational Team Concert when installed into a 4.x.x Eclipse client. For example, in the Team Artifacts view, these options are not available: My Repository Workspaces, Builds, Enterprise Extensions, and Source Control.
To successfully install the Rational Team Concert client with the Rational Team Concert P2 update site into an Eclipse 4.x.x client, do the following steps:
- Click Windows > Preference > Install/Update > Available Software Sites.
- Click Add, in the Name field, type the code name of the Eclipse version being used, the example image uses Kepler, and then click OK.
- In the Location field type the URL for the Release site of the Eclipse version being used, continuing with the example, for Kepler, the site is: http://download.eclipse.org/releases/kepler, click OK once both the Name and Location values are provided.
For reference on the code name and corresponding URL to utilize in step 2 and 3, refer to the Eclipse Project Update Sites Wiki
- In the Name column, select the check box for the site created in step 3.
- When you install Rational Team Concert P2, select Contact all update sites during install to find required software.
The missing options are now available after the restart.
Users can find more information about this problem in the following work item.
Copyright © 2015 IBM Corporation