It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Where can I find my custom attribute in the back end?

William Golla (1111) | asked Jan 21 '13, 2:20 p.m.
A custom enumeration was created and applied to all work item types, and I'd like to pull that information in an SQL query.

I looked through the tables in the WORKITEMS_SNAPSHOT schema as per this article
https://jazz.net/library/article/638/

but I am unable to find it. Is there anywhere else I might find it?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 21 '13, 4:07 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Is this about the RTC database or about the Datawarehouse? 

If this question is about the RTC database, please note, as far as I can tell, you are not supposed to access the data there directly. The data is stored using frameworks such as EMF and using blobs etc. You will likely ony be able to retrieve very little information using SQL. You should use the application or the API instead.

Comments
William Golla commented Jan 21 '13, 4:42 p.m.
Isn't a direct data pull the whole point of that post?

Right now I've got a query subject in Cognos Framework Manager that runs an SQL query on the RTC back end every time it's accessed, which is, in my opinion, the preferred alternative to a scheduled ETL. That post makes it seem like at least I'm able to create a separate object that can be joined on, though ideally I could just add the necessary SQL to my existing query if possible. 

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jan 21 '13, 7:00 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

From the Introduction of the post: "This document describes how to customize the IBM Rational Insight extract, transform, and load framework (ETL) to extract IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC) custom attributes."
So that post was not about running SQL queries on the RTC back end every time it is accessed, but is about modifying the ETL so that the custom attribute information is added to the data warehouse.  Running the query every time the report is run is definitely not the preferred alternative, since that approach will eventually degrade the performance of your server.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.