It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Update workitem description using oslc in an operation Participant.

Sudeshna Mitra (2332831) | asked Aug 06 '12, 7:02 a.m.
retagged Aug 06 '12, 9:11 p.m. by Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431)
I want to update workitem description using OSLC code in an Operation Participant on workItem save operation.
How can I do this ....Please any help.

3 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Aug 07 '12, 8:00 a.m.
you should not be using OSLC methods if you are running native java code to build the participant.

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Aug 07 '12, 8:04 a.m. | edited Aug 07 '12, 8:05 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

How do you build a participant without native java code?

sam detweiler commented Aug 07 '12, 10:43 p.m.

you don't. thats what I said.. if you are already using native java, why try to use OSLC mechanisms.
OSLC is for EXTERNAL integrations.. if you have to build code to be on the inside of some application, then the external stuff is useless.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Aug 07 '12, 11:00 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

A couple of reasons one might want to use OSLC mechanisms when implementing an operation participant: - currently, no server side code is external API, which means it is subject to change - the customer might be familiar with writing OSLC code, and would rather not learn a different API for achieving the same results. Note: I'm not recommending the use of OSLC when implementing an operation participant ... in particular, I've heard there are authentication issues ... but just pointing out some reasons why a customer might want to.

Sudeshna Mitra commented Aug 08 '12, 8:37 a.m.

Hi sam, Can you give me Participant example with source code, how to update comment in workitem page using native java.

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Aug 08 '12, 8:52 a.m.
working.. you cannot 'update' a comment, they are read only.. you can add another one.

Comments
Sudeshna Mitra commented Aug 08 '12, 8:57 a.m.

Ok...

How can I add new comment using Participant ...Give me proper example.

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Aug 08 '12, 10:46 a.m.
I would see this topic,
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/81826/how-an-operation-participant-works

the rest of the Participant looks identical to the Advisor except for the Implements class.

I don't have more time today to work on it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.