It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RAM 7.2.0.1 and compatibility with Jazz 4

Samanwita Majumdar (5033740) | asked May 23 '12, 4:55 a.m.
We use RAM in our project which now works in RTC 2.0. We are planning to upgrade to jazz 4 by this year end. We have a custom web application that works on Jazz 2 platform and there are integration points with RAM which has been done through the exposed services. Wanted to check that if we are able to move to Jazz 4 for our application will that be still compatible with RAM 7.2.0.1?

Thanks,
Samanwita

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered May 23 '12, 9:43 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It depends on what you mean.

7.2.0.1 is ancient. It doesn't support RTC 4 either as a RAM Team integration in Eclipse nor does it support it as the internal RTC that is used by RAM for storing workflow information. We are working on RTC 4 for the next release, which we do not have a date for yet.

However, as long as it is ONLY your Web application that is talking to RTC 4 and not RAM itself, then the RAM API you are using should still work. I;m assuming you are using RAM Client API as the "exposed service" (these are the Java classes RAMSession, RAMAsset, etc). We have no other "exposed service" on the host other than RAM Client API in 7201. Anything else is now internal.

Thanks,
Rich
Rich Kulp selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Samanwita Majumdar (5033740) | answered May 24 '12, 1:06 a.m.
It depends on what you mean.

7.2.0.1 is ancient. It doesn't support RTC 4 either as a RAM Team integration in Eclipse nor does it support it as the internal RTC that is used by RAM for storing workflow information. We are working on RTC 4 for the next release, which we do not have a date for yet.

However, as long as it is ONLY your Web application that is talking to RTC 4 and not RAM itself, then the RAM API you are using should still work. I;m assuming you are using RAM Client API as the "exposed service" (these are the Java classes RAMSession, RAMAsset, etc). We have no other "exposed service" on the host other than RAM Client API in 7201. Anything else is now internal.

Thanks,
Rich

Thanks for the clarification Rich,
Actually your assumption is correct we use the RAM Client API from our RTC based application and fetch information from RAM. There is no other way communication i.e. the application does not post any data to RAM. So if we move to RTC 4.0 in the web application do you still feel that the RAM Client API call will work?

Thanks,
Samanwita

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered May 24 '12, 10:39 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

Yes I don't see why it would fail. As long as RAM itself is still using its own internal RTC 2.0.0.2.

Thanks,
Rich

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.