It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Progress for story not shown in plan

Thomas Starz (1812015) | asked Mar 26 '12, 9:25 a.m.
Hi,
from time to time I have a story in one of my iteration plans that only shows the points progress in the progress column although this story has task children that are correctly estimated.
For 99% of all stories this work fine, but there are some where the progress is not correctly shown.
When I open the story, the children's efforts (in fact, only one child) are correctly shown.
Known problem or do I do something wrong?
Thanks
- Thomas

3 answers

permanent link
Kim Soederhamn (1.5k34348) | answered Mar 27 '12, 8:05 a.m.
Hi,
from time to time I have a story in one of my iteration plans that only shows the points progress in the progress column although this story has task children that are correctly estimated.
For 99% of all stories this work fine, but there are some where the progress is not correctly shown.
When I open the story, the children's efforts (in fact, only one child) are correctly shown.
Known problem or do I do something wrong?
Thanks
- Thomas

Are you using the save view every time in the plan ? some look at hours some at story points.

permanent link
Thomas Starz (1812015) | answered Mar 27 '12, 9:00 a.m.
Of course I am always looking at the same view!

Interestingly, all other stories work well, i.e. I see the hours of all tasks in the plan. In the same plan (!) only this one story does not show it's childrens hours in the plan. I have a screenshot but do not know how to attach it here...

Regards - Thomas

permanent link
Thomas Starz (1812015) | answered Mar 27 '12, 11:33 a.m.
Found it!

The task is not counted if it is "Filed against" a category which is not associated with the team that is associated with the plan.
But because the tasks are not visible anyway if I filter execution items, I did not notice in the plan that this task is missing for this team.

Tricky, but works as designed :-)

Thanks for your help!

- Thomas

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.