It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Multiple comments synchronization using connector framework

Ankur Sharma (611) | asked Aug 17 '11, 3:33 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am using connector framework for synchronizing comment in rtc workitem.
The problem arises when there is long comment which can not fit in workitem as a single comment.
Currently i break it in smaller chunks of comment and synchronize one by one.

Similar problem is for description, if length exceeds greater than allowed limit, i break it and again synchronize as extra comment.

I want to know if there is a way to save a list/array of comments using connector framework so that i can synchronize all comment in one call. (Similar thing is provided by workitem -> IComments where i can append multiple comment and save once.)

2 answers

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Aug 17 '11, 10:03 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
When comments are transmitted back and forth between the RTC server and an external system, they are encoded in a format that allows for multiple comments (implemented by the com.ibm.team.interop.service.managers.workitem.SimpleNoteEntry class). So you should be able to generate an incoming sync "packet" that contains a comments property encoding multiple comments. The CQ synchronizer does this.

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Aug 17 '11, 10:47 p.m.
I am using connector framework for synchronizing comment in rtc workitem.
The problem arises when there is long comment which can not fit in workitem as a single comment.
Currently i break it in smaller chunks of comment and synchronize one by one.

Similar problem is for description, if length exceeds greater than allowed limit, i break it and again synchronize as extra comment.

I want to know if there is a way to save a list/array of comments using connector framework so that i can synchronize all comment in one call. (Similar thing is provided by workitem -> IComments where i can append multiple comment and save once.)

sounds like you need a valueTransformer, which would let you take multiple properties and combine them before passing them off to the InteropWorkitemManager handler. the manager expects ALL comments to be in ONE stream of data. the Manager then compares ONE note at a time to look for note presence or absence (they cannot be updated or changed).

3.01 added support for date/timestamp in notes to allow you to keep them in date time order.

Sam

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.