It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

'Generate Team Invitation' failed. Permission denied.

mehul Prajapati (18125554) | asked Jun 28 '11, 3:16 p.m.
Hi how can i send invitation to the user. I gives me an error 'Generate Team Invitation' failed. Permission denied.

I have the admin rights. My id is added to the projectarea as Team member and project admin

My id is also added to the TeamAreas and in in

Team Area--->Process Custamization--->permission Generate team area in enabled.

Can someone tell me why it does not send out an email and gives permisison denined error ?

Thanks

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jun 29 '11, 6:57 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi how can i send invitation to the user. I gives me an error 'Generate Team Invitation' failed. Permission denied.

I have the admin rights. My id is added to the projectarea as Team member and project admin

My id is also added to the TeamAreas and in in

Team Area--->Process Custamization--->permission Generate team area in enabled.

Can someone tell me why it does not send out an email and gives permisison denined error ?

Thanks

Hi, being an admin does not give you specific permissions. You only have the right to give you the permission. You have to have a role in the project/team area. If you are a member without role in the project/team you have the everybody role. So you should make yourself a member of the project area, provide yourself a role and then make sure Process Configuration>Team Configuration>Permissions>Process>Generate Team Invitation is set for your role.

permanent link
mehul Prajapati (18125554) | answered Jun 29 '11, 2:47 p.m.
Thanks for the reply.

I did as you mentioned but still email was not sent out but this time it did not gave an error either. Do we need to configure email settings in RTC ?

How do we configure email ?

Thanks

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jun 29 '11, 5:09 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks for the reply.

I did as you mentioned but still email was not sent out but this time it did not gave an error either. Do we need to configure email settings in RTC ?

How do we configure email ?

Thanks

This is part of the setup. You configure the SMTP setup. Please look it up at the help.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.