It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

About executable property of file on RTC

qiu saphen (27126039) | asked Jun 17 '11, 10:37 a.m.
Hi,
I find some files' executable property are lost while migrated to RTC, the files are like *.sh *.pl or non-extension.
How can I change these files' property on batch? And also after the files' property is back, if somesone checkout them and then checkin, will the files' executable property be lost again?
Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jun 21 '11, 4:24 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,
I find some files' executable property are lost while migrated to RTC, the files are like *.sh *.pl or non-extension.
How can I change these files' property on batch? And also after the files' property is back, if somesone checkout them and then checkin, will the files' executable property be lost again?
Thanks!

Hi, where did you migrate from? The meaning of the executable flag can be found in the RTC help. I fould it searching for "executable file property". Here is the topic: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/topic/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/r_scm_cli_on_properties.html

It says:

There are four supported properties: jazz.executable, jazz.mime, jazz.line-delimiter, and jazz.encoding.
jazz.executable Indicates whether the file is executable on filesystem that support executability. May not be directly set.

So this information is derived on systems such as Linux if the executable flag is set. You could try to set the executable flag on Linux using *ux commands. Then you can run a refresh in eclipse. Maybe this will recognize the files changed to executable, change the value and let you check it in. It is worth a try.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.