It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cannot connect to LDAP directory "ldap://localhost:389&

Michael yang (62105) | asked Jun 04 '11, 9:54 a.m.
Dear all,

When I setup RTC 3.0IFIX01 with Microsoft Active Directory on the same computer. I faced following error:

LDAP connection was attempted with warnings. Resolve warnings or click Next to continue.ID CRJAZ1559W
Cannot connect to LDAP directory "ldap://localhost:389".

The value of "LDAP Registry Location" is ldap://localhost:389. I also verify the LDAP service using "telnet localhost 389" command successfully.

How to solve this problem? Thanks a lot.

Michael

5 answers

permanent link
Jorge Diaz (8664434) | answered May 07 '12, 10:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi heuristic,

if using MS Active Directory, the user ID is usually "userId=sAMAccountName". The group membership it is usually "Group Member Property: member" (without the "s"), you have noted it well at the end of your message but your filled parameter seems to be wromg.

Regards,

Jorge A. Diaz
Jazz Jumpstar Team

I am currently having this same issue, but I'm probably just entering things in wrong... I have LDAP working in WAS, but I can't get it to work in JTS

I have filled out the following

LDAP Registry Location ldap://registryserver:636
Username: UsernameA
Password: *********
Base User DN: cn=UsernameA,ou=something ,ou=Service Accounts,ou=SMG,dc=this,dc=that,dc=com
User Property Names Mapping: userId=sAccountName,name=cn,emailAddress=mail
Base Group DN: cn=JazzGroups,dc=this,dc=that,dc=com
Jazz to LDAP Group Mapping: JazzAdmins=LDAPJazzAdminName, JazzUsers=Domain Users, JazzDWAdmins=LDAPJazzDWAdminName, JazzProjectAdmins=LDAPJazzProjectAdminName, JazzGuests=LDAPJazzGuest
Group Name Property: cn
Group Member Property: members

In WAS out group ID is *:cn
and group member ID map is memberof:member

permanent link
Michael Aldor (6369) | answered Aug 02 '11, 8:48 a.m.
Found the issues you must have the full ldap entries in the username field

So if using active directory, it is not ldap.user

It will need to be

CN=ldap user,OU=JazzPeople,DC=ORG,DC=COM

Having the full LDAP name solved the CRJAZ1559W warnings

Getting

LDAP connection was attempted with warnings. Resolve warnings or click Next to continue.ID CRJAZ1559W

Cannot connect to LDAP directory "ldap://:389

from /jts/setup#/steps/6

The weird thing is
WAS 7.0.0.17 is able to connect
A 3rd party utility, Softerra LDAP Browser 4.5 is able to connect via the same connect jts setup is trying

Does anyone have any ideas?

This is an RTC 3.0.1 install on WebSphere 7.0.0.17 and using active directory as the LDAP integration
OS is Windows 2008 R2 64

permanent link
Frank Sullivan (5646) | answered May 04 '12, 1:51 p.m.
I am currently having this same issue, but I'm probably just entering things in wrong... I have LDAP working in WAS, but I can't get it to work in JTS

I have filled out the following

LDAP Registry Location ldap://registryserver:636
Username: UsernameA
Password: *********
Base User DN: cn=UsernameA,ou=something ,ou=Service Accounts,ou=SMG,dc=this,dc=that,dc=com
User Property Names Mapping: userId=sAccountName,name=cn,emailAddress=mail
Base Group DN: cn=JazzGroups,dc=this,dc=that,dc=com
Jazz to LDAP Group Mapping: JazzAdmins=LDAPJazzAdminName, JazzUsers=Domain Users, JazzDWAdmins=LDAPJazzDWAdminName, JazzProjectAdmins=LDAPJazzProjectAdminName, JazzGuests=LDAPJazzGuest
Group Name Property: cn
Group Member Property: members

In WAS out group ID is *:cn
and group member ID map is memberof:member

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.