It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I load source depending on Change Sets?

qiu saphen (27126039) | asked May 26 '11, 9:45 a.m.
Hi,
I am newer on using RTC, when I use 'scm history', it shows some change sets.
e.g.
Change sets:
(1013) ---$ Tom "modify"
(1014) ---$ Tom "add tomcat folder"
(1015) ---$ Tom "Initial for tomcat"

I want to load source from 1014, how can I do that??

6 answers

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered May 26 '11, 10:36 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Change sets are not something that can be loaded by themselves. To provide the proper answer, I would need to understand what you are trying to accomplish (i.e. why do you want to "load" change set 1014?

permanent link
qiu saphen (27126039) | answered May 26 '11, 10:45 a.m.
I can check-out source code which depending on revision while using svn. I often use this feature to make source control.
I think revision is similar with change set.

Change sets are not something that can be loaded by themselves. To provide the proper answer, I would need to understand what you are trying to accomplish (i.e. why do you want to "load" change set 1014?

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered May 27 '11, 9:08 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm not sure how you can do it with the command line but the Eclipse client allows you to do this from the history view of a file. Maybe you can try getting the history of a file and try to load the ID. If it worked, you should get an unresolved change on that file when you run scm status.

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered May 27 '11, 9:31 a.m.
Actually, a revision in subversion is not quite like a change set in RTC. What you need to do in RTC is load a component from a workspace. You can then accept or discard change sets as needed to get your desired configuration.

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered May 27 '11, 9:32 a.m.
Also. you may find this article of use:

http://jazz.net/library/article/639

permanent link
qiu saphen (27126039) | answered May 27 '11, 9:41 a.m.
Thank you all!
I will go through the article carefully.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.