It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

BF 7.1.2.1 Scheduled jobs kick off two builds instead of one

Mike Ying (1133) | asked May 06 '11, 8:28 a.m.
I have two systems (SystemA and SystemB) both running BF 7.1.2.1 build 90.

SystemA has 12 scheduled jobs and SystemB has 39 scheduled jobs.

Right now, SystemA behaves normally. But SystemB kicks off two identical builds for each scheduled job.

Does anyone know what might be the cause? Is there a work around?

Thanks.

3 answers

permanent link
Robert haig (1.0k16) | answered May 06 '11, 2:01 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have two systems (SystemA and SystemB) both running BF 7.1.2.1 build 90.

SystemA has 12 scheduled jobs and SystemB has 39 scheduled jobs.

Right now, SystemA behaves normally. But SystemB kicks off two identical builds for each scheduled job.

Does anyone know what might be the cause? Is there a work around?

Thanks.

if there are 2 instances of the engine running out of the same directory this can happen. The lock bfsched uses is based on the engine ID which is generated and kept in the engine working directory.

check for a process "bfsched" to see how many are running. You may have to kill an extra "bfsched" and "buildforge" (add .exe if this is windows)

permanent link
Jeffrey Gordon (961310) | answered Nov 28 '11, 10:52 a.m.
We have 2 management consoles (7.1.2) both pointing to the same DB. The reason is (1) Users can get to BF via the URL for either server and (2) the load of running jobs can be "balanced" (I know it's not pure balancing) across two MCs.

What I am seeing is that some, but not all, scheduled jobs are executing on BOTH MCs.

Anyone else observe this behavior?

--Jeff

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Nov 28 '11, 11:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
We have 2 management consoles (7.1.2) both pointing to the same DB. The reason is (1) Users can get to BF via the URL for either server and (2) the load of running jobs can be "balanced" (I know it's not pure balancing) across two MCs.

What I am seeing is that some, but not all, scheduled jobs are executing on BOTH MCs.

Anyone else observe this behavior?

--Jeff

Hi,

That sounds like 'PM39101 Clustered engines run scheduled jobs twice' that was fixed in the 7.1.3 release. The release notes are at https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-build-forge/releases/7.1.3?p=releasenotes .

Brent

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.