It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to change the default fields in query Result Layout?

Mike Shkolnik (9809161143) | asked Feb 07 '11, 1:13 p.m.
Would like to remove Severity and Modified Date from the default Result Columns and change the default Sort Column to Priority. Currently I have to manually make these changes for every query.

Note that Web view and Eclipse view appear to use different defaults for new queries, so I would like to know how to set both. The above example refers to the Web view.

4 answers

permanent link
Mike Shkolnik (9809161143) | answered Mar 16 '11, 7:22 p.m.
I would greatly appreciate a response to this. Basically create a new query, click "start from scratch", click on the "Result Layout" tab, and click "Set to Defaults". A bunch of default columns appear to the right. Where do I edit that list of default columns?

I found the individual queries in the Process Configuration Source, but the default query settings are not exposed. Sample defined query:

<query description="Find all Retrospectives." id="com.ibm.team.workitem.queries.predefined.allRetrospectives" name="Retrospectives">
<select>
<column attribute="id"/>
<column attribute="state"/>
<column attribute="summary"/>
<column attribute="category"/>
<column attribute="target"/>
</select>
<where>
<condition operator="is">
<attribute name="workItemType"/>
<value content="com.ibm.team.workitem.workItemType.retrospective" type="type"/>
</condition>
</where>
<orderBy attribute="target" direction="desc"/>
</query>

permanent link
Shane Claussen (1622) | answered Jul 22 '11, 5:21 p.m.
Did you figure out how to do this? I have the same issue.

Thanks,
Shane

permanent link
Mike Shkolnik (9809161143) | answered Jul 26 '11, 1:50 p.m.
Did you figure out how to do this? I have the same issue.

Thanks,
Shane

Nope. :(

permanent link
Mike Shkolnik (9809161143) | answered Oct 10 '11, 2:15 p.m.
Just posting the work item for those who want to subscribe and/or mention their support in the comments:

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=159571

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.