It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to setup one-way synchronization from CQ to RTC 3.0?

Rachel Huang (361110) | asked Dec 06 '10, 11:39 a.m.
I would like to setup CQ to RTC synchronization. However, I only want new and updated records from CQ to be sync'd into RTC, I do not want users to make changes in RTC for these records. Even if they do, I want the next sync to overwrite the changed in RTC with the value in CQ.

So my question, is this possible? If so, how to achieve that?

Thanks!

Rachel

One answer

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Dec 06 '10, 11:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It is possible to configure the sync rules such that the synchronization is only in the incoming direction (from CQ to RTC) and not outgoing (from RTC to CQ). You would have to set the value of the synchronization direction for each property mapping in the sync rule to be In and not In/Out. Also disable outgoing sync in the external repository connection.

I'm not sure how you would make a RTC work item read-only. Please post that to another thread in the Using Team Concert forum and you will hear from the work items team.

By the way, your last 3 CQ Synchronizer questions should really be posted to the Using Team Concert forum.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.