It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Work Item History

Jerrod Lankford (211010) | asked Sep 20 '10, 1:03 p.m.
Hey,

I recently started development in RTC and I am trying to extend an existing client-side plug-in. Specifically what I want to do is add information to an existing work items history page. I have read the wiki about programmatically creating work items which I was able to do, but I have been unable to find any information about editing a work items history. Is there an API for editing a work item's history or do I have to dig deeper to do this? If I have to extend existing classes which ones should I look at specifically? Thanks in advance.

2 answers

permanent link
Patrick Streule (4.9k21) | answered Oct 25 '10, 11:10 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hey,

I recently started development in RTC and I am trying to extend an existing client-side plug-in. Specifically what I want to do is add information to an existing work items history page. I have read the wiki about programmatically creating work items which I was able to do, but I have been unable to find any information about editing a work items history. Is there an API for editing a work item's history or do I have to dig deeper to do this? If I have to extend existing classes which ones should I look at specifically? Thanks in advance.

Could you elaborate on your specific goal? The work item history shows historical changes made to a work item (diffs of one state to the next). Whenever you modify a work item, a new entry will show up in the history.

permanent link
Perry Zou (644) | answered Jun 25 '12, 5:40 a.m.

Hi Patrick,

May we be able to get work item's history via API / JAVA API? Thanks.

Perry

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.