It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Running Rational Team Concert and RQM on the same server

sean rusenstrom (121) | asked Feb 10 '10, 8:42 a.m.
Hi,

I already have Rational Quality Manager 2.0.0.1 installed and running and wish to have Rational Team Concert 2.0.0.2 running on the same server. RQM is running on port 9443. My question is, is it possible to have both RQM and RTC running on the same machine and if so what should be my concerns ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Feb 10 '10, 12:51 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I already have Rational Quality Manager 2.0.0.1 installed and running and wish to have Rational Team Concert 2.0.0.2 running on the same server. RQM is running on port 9443. My question is, is it possible to have both RQM and RTC running on the same machine and if so what should be my concerns ?

Hi Sean - you are trying to run the servers on the same machine? You need to change the ports that are being used to on RTC. The port settings are defined by the app server - for Tomcat they are in

<install>\server\tomcat\conf\server.xml

You will be running two instance of the app server - so it would take up more memory/processor than one instance.

Assuming a Derby database, each app will be pointing to their own database so there should be no problems there.

You should not have any problems with this setup

anthony

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Feb 10 '10, 1:10 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Sean,

Anthony is correct.

You can run both servers on the same machine having them installed in different directories. You need to have a look into the server.xml and change ports for Shuutdown, SSL and the http port e.g. add 1000 to each port number for one product. making it 19009, 19443, 18080 for instance.

This is all you have to do for basic running, since installed in separate directories the database should not interfere (if derby is used).

If the products need to use oauth you also should make sure to give the instances different URI roots e.g. have one say rtc.example.com on rqm.example.com.

This URL shows additional possible scenarios: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/CALMRTCRQMSmokeInstall.

Ralph
Hi,

Hi Sean - you are trying to run the servers on the same machine? You need to change the ports that are being used to on RTC. The port settings are defined by the app server - for Tomcat they are in

<install>\server\tomcat\conf\server.xml

You will be running two instance of the app server - so it would take up more memory/processor than one instance.

Assuming a Derby database, each app will be pointing to their own database so there should be no problems there.

You should not have any problems with this setup

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.