It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Image preview in RTC Links

Namrata B (2115) | asked Jun 09 '22, 8:59 a.m.
Hi all,

Can anyone let me know the max image size of attachments that we can provide in RTC.
I have tried to attach a few attachments in comments section of RTC, and i noticed a few images cannot be previewed.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jun 09 '22, 10:32 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The maximum attachment size is 50 MB in the Advanced Properties. 

It is possible and advisable to use an external attachment storage system if heavy usage of attachments is desired, otherwise they bloat the CCM database.

To my knowledge attachment preview only works for certain limited types. I am unsure if size has anything to do with it, other than slowing down the access. So I would suggest to not assume that attachments usually have a preview.

Comments
Namrata B commented Jun 14 '22, 12:38 a.m.
Hi Ralph,

Thanks for your comments.

To understand the image limit size that can be previewed in links tab of RTC,

I have tried attaching few images (.png) of different sizes. And i noticed that images more than 500KB cannot be previewed in links tab. Only if we click on the image, its visible.
I have also tired it on chrome, mozilla and edge. So I think its not a browser issue.

If possible can help me know the limit size of the images that can be previewed?

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 14 '22, 2:29 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would suggest you open a case with support, as I am not aware that there are or should be limits. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.