Is there a way to automatically add comments by sending an email with a work item ID in the subject or footer?
I would like to automatically update the replies exchanged by email to work items. I heard that JIRA has such a function, so I'm asking if it can be done with RTC.
We use Ver6.0.6
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPEROct 19 '20, 2:25 a.m.
ClearCase is a different product and does not matter here.
I have been covering RTC since the 1.0 Beta and there was never a feature like this in the product. We had a small team that created and maintained license-able extensions for customers. I think they had created something like this. Not sure. It is definitely possible to do.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPEROct 22 '20, 2:50 a.m.
It would be easy enough to implement. You would need a mail bot that you send the message to and you could use the API or https://github.com/jazz-community/work-item-command-line/ to update the work item.
Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means.
Learn more here.