It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

UNIX and Linux environments

CM 2006 (18911) | asked Nov 12 '09, 5:50 p.m.
Hi,

Does RTC enable to create working environments on UNIX and Linux? Interoperatibility to Windows?
It seems that it works on Windows and Z systems only.

Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Rolf Nelson (617159) | answered Nov 13 '09, 1:41 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks.

What about servers? Is it works for Linux servers?

How can I share a cross-platform environment? I need the ability to develop on both Windows and Linux, just as the ClearCase dynamic views enable this feature.

Thanks

There are RTC clients available for various flavors of Linux.

Rob

Hi,

Does RTC enable to create working environments on UNIX and Linux? Interoperatibility to Windows?

Thanks

We support many Linux/UNIX server variants in addition to Windows and even z/OS and i-Series. You can see the options here on the "all downloads" tab page for RTC 2.0.0.1 (see server under the edition you need).

https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/2.0.0.1?p=allDownloads

We support mixed environments, for both server and client. Some of the servers we support include RedHat, SuSE, Solaris Sparc, AIX on Power, Windows and many 32/64 bit variants of those.

permanent link
Rob Logie (33825041) | answered Nov 12 '09, 11:39 p.m.

Rob

Hi,

Thanks

Comments
CM 2006 commented Nov 13 '09, 1:48 a.m. | edited Jun 08 '14, 11:14 p.m.

Thanks.

What about servers? Is it works for Linux servers?

How can I share a cross-platform environment? I need the ability to develop on both Windows and Linux, just as the ClearCase dynamic views enable this feature.

Thanks

Rob

Hi,

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.