It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to package multiple operation behaviors into one server deployable for RTC?

Dustin Walker (288) | asked Dec 17 '19, 4:26 p.m.

I want to have all our operation behaviors collected as much as possible. Right now we have a separate project, feature, and update site for every operation behavior on our RTC server. I know I can use one update site to make things a little easier. My question is can I have all operation behaviors in one feature and possibly under one project as separate packages to simplify our development environment? I will still need to add operation behaviors individually as needed to project areas.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Dec 18 '19, 3:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, you can, but why would you?

Dustin Walker selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Dec 18 '19, 3:09 a.m.

You can do that in many ways. This is an Eclipse Extension question and not an RTC question. As far as I can tell, if you follow the extensions workshop and add multiple plugin projects to the feature, you get what you want. You can also put everything server (Server and common API related) and every client (common and client API related) and the shared stuff in one project if you wanted to. I think this is not a good idea. I would use a feature to pull everything together. 

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 18 '19, 3:17 a.m. | edited Dec 18 '19, 3:18 a.m.

PS: As far as I can tell, you can use a feature to package features. So you can keep everything as it is and just add one feature (for client and server each) to build everything together. You can still test and develop separate behavior separately.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.