It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Where to find logs related to Project area

deepti harinkhede (219) | asked Jan 31 '18, 4:14 a.m.
edited Jan 31 '18, 4:45 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)

Hi,
We had started using RTC from v3 (currently upgraded to 6.0.4) so the folder structure for RTC is /rtc_uat1B/UAT1_604/server/conf/jazz/ . We have recently deployed a plugin extension (follow-up ) action on the server. It got installed successfully. But When I try to use that follow-up action, getting some error which is not clear on RTC web UI. Where can I find the logs which would have captured the error related to project area or the follow-up action being used?
 Thanks,
 Dipti

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 31 '18, 4:44 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 31 '18, 4:44 a.m.

Hi, there are no specific logs for that. You can do your own logging for extensions and the standard log file would be the ccm.log (or in your case jazz.log) underneath the server folder (typically server/logs).

You can debug extensions in Jetty and in an application server. I would suggest to do that if possible at all.

deepti harinkhede selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
deepti harinkhede commented Jan 31 '18, 4:49 a.m.

Thank you Ralph for your prompt response. Will try to debug.

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 31 '18, 4:58 a.m. | edited Jan 31 '18, 4:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Check https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/09/30/learning-to-fly-getting-started-with-the-rtc-java-apis/ especially the extensions workshop.

Please be aware that a customer has seen issues with the 6.0.4 SDK and the safest approach would be to use the 6.0.3 SDK at the moment. If you don't use new 6.0.4 features, that should be no problem, if you make sure the dependency version numbers are fixed. Good luck Deepti!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.