It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Obtain user URL from a IBuildResult in the RTC Plain client

Michael Baylis (1832719) | asked Oct 05 '17, 5:51 a.m.
edited Oct 06 '17, 2:19 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646)

Hi,

I am using the RTC Plain Client to request and monitor a build.   I end up with a IBuildResult.   If the build fails, I would like to email the admins.   How can I get a URL to the web UI for the build result.  I am using 6.0.3 at the moment.

In fact how can we convert work items to web ui urls?

Cheers,

Michael

Accepted answer

permanent link
SEC Servizi (97123860) | answered Oct 06 '17, 9:27 a.m.
edited Oct 06 '17, 9:31 a.m.
 If the build fails, I would like to email the admins.   How can I get a URL to the web UI for the build result.
Since you are trying to send an e-mail, you have to create a string for the URL and it's quite simple if you know the project area name and the build result UUID:
${repositoryURI}/web/projects/${ProjectAreaName}#action=com.ibm.team.build.viewResult&id=${UUID}
See com.ibm.team.build.web plug-in, BuildUtil.js file, getResultHref function...
Cheers.
Michael Baylis selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Oct 06 '17, 2:44 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The contributor that requested the build is in the IBuildRequest. See com.ibm.team.build.common.model.IBuildResult.getBuildRequests() and then 
com.ibm.team.build.common.model.IBuildRequest.getInitiatingContributor()

Item URI's have to be constructed. Usually the Item UUID is involved. I am not sure I have tried it for build results. If at all most likely in the work item command line. You can try to dig into my blog https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/ .  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.