It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

why there is no real time sync up between data in RQM server and report from JRS report builder?

jane zhou (106764) | asked Aug 14 '17, 11:40 p.m.

Hi Someone who may concern,

I am working on CLM 6.0.3.
         I noticed when I update something in RQM, say, add a new test result for a specific test case execution record, then I run the same report to query test result for this TCER  from JRS, i.e. report which is generated by report builder at once, I can not see my latest test result there. I have tried to use data warehouse and lifecycle  query engine as data source, but the result is the same.
        So, I am wondering does that mean JRS does not support syncing up in real time? Or where could I configure to make it sync-up in time?

Thanks!

Best Regards
Jane Zhou

3 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Aug 15 '17, 1:40 a.m.

There is no "sync up". It all depends on what your report connects to. If it's live data, you should see the change straightaway. If it's the data warehouse, you have to wait until the data collection job is finished.

permanent link
Kenji Sarai (96029) | answered Aug 15 '17, 2:43 a.m.

Hi Jane,

Data in Data warehouse is collected by DCC (Data Collection Component) and it is usually done once a day. So the data is sync'ed once a day. You can add more frequency, but careful planning is needed.

Data in LQE (Lifecycle Query Engine) is indexed once every minute by default. So the update you made in RQM should be reflected one minute later. I would recommend to verify it a little later. Is the near real-time sync acceptable for you?

Comments
jane zhou commented Aug 15 '17, 11:52 a.m. | edited Aug 15 '17, 11:52 a.m.

Hi Kenji,

Thanks for reply!
         I have waited more than 1 hours, but it just did not show up in both Data ware house or Data in LQE.
         And after more than 12 hours, now I can see it in result in LQE. So I am wondering maybe there is something wrong in configuration for LQE? Is it possible we can configure the time for sync-up?
         Thanks!

Best Regards,
Jane Zhou

Kenji Sarai commented Aug 15 '17, 10:04 p.m.

This is strange. In my LQE application (Administration > Data Sources ), the status is updated every minute (not every 10 mins). You can change the frequency by clicking on target data source and change "Refresh rate". Please verify if the RQM data source is updated successfully and frequently.

If LQE is updated, but the change is not displayed in JRS, the next step is to verify the TRS. Make change in RQM, and immediately go to TRS feed https://servername:9443/qm/trs (note: only user with TRS_Internal CAL can view it).
The change should be listed here, then it will be picked up by next LQE sync.

Also verify lqe.log if something went wrong.

permanent link
jane zhou (106764) | answered Aug 15 '17, 5:33 p.m.

Hi All,

I got this from here for the above question:

Synchronizing project membership information

• You might not see updated project membership information immediately in Report Builder. The system refreshes LQE with project membership information every 10 minutes. You can change the default interval on the Advanced Properties tab of the LQE application by clicking the Show Internal link. For example, before you add members to a project in a CLM application, you might change this interval to 1 minute so that the new project members can see the information they need in Report Builder sooner. After LQE refreshes, change the interval back to its previous or default value.
  Thanks!

Best Regards,
Jane Zhou

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.