[closed] Rational ClearCase & ClearQuest Servers v8 and WAS v9 (non-Liberty) Compatibility
We currently run CC & CQ v8.0.1.9 with WAS (non-Liberty) v8.5.5.6. If we replace WAS v8.5.5.6 with WAS v9.0.0.4, will our IBM Rational ClearCase and ClearQuest Servers v8.0.1.9 be compatible? I'd like to know if anyone is running CC/CQv8 with WASv9.
IBM has relayed all the compatibility reports for each Rational component, but these only list the "minimum required" version of WAS. They do not list maximum versions, nor incompatible versions. Personally, I think these compatibility reports have not been updated as IBM admitted that they have not tested these two products together, yet. -I have asked them
So, if anyone is running CC/CQ Server(s) v8 with WAS v9 without any issues, I would like appreciate to know.
Thanks much
The question has been closed for the following reason: "Question is off-topic or not relevant" by rschoon Aug 09 '17, 1:47 a.m.
Accepted answer
Generally speaking, if a given platform has not been tested, it is then not supported. In other words, if you upgrade to WAS v9, you will put yourself into an unsupported environment.
Comments
One other answer
The best place to post CC/CQ questions would be at the ClearCase developerWorks forum: