It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] Download Links

Ashish Kumar (362) | asked Sep 17 '09, 1:07 a.m.
closed Jul 22 '17, 6:47 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
Hi,

Can someone point out the right links to download the Jazz Foundation and Team Concert.

We are planning for a fresh install again with the right links. We see server and client link options available. Which one to download?

The setup we are attempting is a small one with only one machine to have Jazz and Team concert installed on it.

Please advice.

The question has been closed for the following reason: "Problem is not reproducible or outdated" by rschoon Jul 22 '17, 6:47 a.m.

9 answers

permanent link
Jose Miguel Ordax Cassa (2.4k4126100) | answered Sep 17 '09, 2:52 a.m.
ashishjazz wrote:
Hi,

Can someone point out the right links to download the Jazz Foundation
and Team Concert.

We are planning for a fresh install again with the right links. We see
server and client link options available. Which one to download?

The setup we are attempting is a small one with only one machine to
have Jazz and Team concert installed on it.

Please advice.

You should need just these two packages:

- RTC 2.0 Standard Server:
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/2.0iFix1/RTC-Standard-Full-2.0iFix1-Win32-Local.zip

- RTC 2.0 Client for Eclipse:
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/2.0iFix1/RTC-Eclipse-Client-2.0iFix1-Win32-Local.zip

Hope this helps,

Chemi.

permanent link
Ashish Kumar (362) | answered Sep 17 '09, 5:17 a.m.
ashishjazz wrote:
Hi,

Can someone point out the right links to download the Jazz Foundation
and Team Concert.

We are planning for a fresh install again with the right links. We see
server and client link options available. Which one to download?

The setup we are attempting is a small one with only one machine to
have Jazz and Team concert installed on it.

Please advice.

You should need just these two packages:

- RTC 2.0 Standard Server:
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/2.0iFix1/RTC-Standard-Full-2.0iFix1-Win32-Local.zip

- RTC 2.0 Client for Eclipse:
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/2.0iFix1/RTC-Eclipse-Client-2.0iFix1-Win32-Local.zip

Hope this helps,

Chemi.

Thank you for replying so fast.

The links that you have mentioned are under the installation manager. As the downloads are quiet big. I wanted to do know what difference does it make to download from the Zip and Installation Manager.

If I download the executable from the Zip section. How do i need to proceed with the installation. Is it different?

permanent link
Jose Miguel Ordax Cassa (2.4k4126100) | answered Sep 17 '09, 9:48 a.m.
ashishjazz wrote:
Thank you for replying so fast.

The links that you have mentioned are under the installation manager.
As the downloads are quiet big. I wanted to do know what difference
does it make to download from the Zip and Installation Manager.

If I download the executable from the Zip section. How do i need to
proceed with the installation. Is it different?

ZIP ones don't require installation. Just uncompress and go.

permanent link
Martina Riedel (20323341) | answered Sep 17 '09, 1:10 p.m.

ZIP ones don't require installation. Just uncompress and go.

speaking from general IM experience, with IM you can do silent install and install multiple clients with the same configuration/features/options.

The documentation says that IM will prompt for the workbench and takes care of managing future workbench updates, rollbacks, and modifications.

It sounds to me that in a (sizable) production env, you would want to use IM. If you are just evaluating, doing the unzip will be much easier and faster.

hth

permanent link
Ashish Kumar (362) | answered Sep 19 '09, 12:27 a.m.
Hi,

We downloaded the Jazz team foundation server zip and the RTC client for eclipse zip from the download link.

We unzipped the Jazz Team Foundataion server as instructed. Setup the JRE_HOME. After executing the sever.startup.bat file. We find the tomcat page coming up. Also the login prompt at
http://localhost:9443/jazz
When we login as Admin it shows that the license has expired.

We also unzipped the RTC client and double click the eclipse icon. The link opens up the TeamConert screen with welcome page.

When we try to connect to a new repository it gives and error message but takes us to the project page.
(It reports the JADMIN user is not have proper permission, though through the console

When we click on "Deploy Templates" button. It throws error msg and we are unable to proceed futher.

How can we extent the licenses to just few more days like a week? So that we can complete a POC?

Please advice

permanent link
zhanglianjie zhang (1631) | answered Sep 19 '09, 12:57 a.m.
Where can I download the process templates? How can I import process templates on RTC-Standard-Server-2.0-Trial-Win?

permanent link
Ashish Kumar (362) | answered Sep 19 '09, 2:01 a.m.
Where can I download the process templates? How can I import process templates on RTC-Standard-Server-2.0-Trial-Win?

You can download the process template from the below link.
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/AddonsTemplates

The process template are present by default in TeamConcert 2, to use the process template. Please login to the RTC (Team Concert).
1) You will see a welcome page, if not goto step 2.
2) Click on "Connect to Project Area Link".
3) Login with the details that you have created and click next.
4) In the next page you will see a link saying "Go to the Create Project Area Wizard". Even if it threw error in step 3. It will take you to a project wizard (just say yes in the error dialog box)
5) Enter the sample project details.
6) The next screen shows you the "Choose Process Template". You can create custom process if you have for yourself. If you want to use default one. Please click on the "Deploy Templates" button on the same page.
7) If everything worked fine you will see "Agile and Eclipse" process available in the dialog box.

Thanks

permanent link
James Moody (3.3k24) | answered Sep 22 '09, 2:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
On 9/22/2009 2:52 AM, s861520 wrote:
I have being trying to create a report that can lists one type of work
item with count information of related items. (like how many parent
items are under an item)

I tried to find the relevant information by reacting report and query,
but I still can't find it.

Can some one help me up?

Thanks,
Chuan

The information that you want is in the Links table in the live
snapshot. We have a video that demonstrates how to build a report that
uses the link data. Have a look at it, and then you can tailor it to
your own needs.

http://jazz.net/library/video/285

We also have a report that we ship out of the box, Story Child Work
Items, that demonstrates how to show the hierarchy of work items by
traversing these links.

Hope these help.

james
RTC Reports Team Lead

permanent link
Darrell Reich (949) | answered Jul 21 '17, 5:58 p.m.

Please update the download links to the current version of RTC Jazz 6.0.4 and deprecate these really old threads. The jazz.net search engine isn't smart like google to show me newer relevant search results first.

It is a simple question, which version of Eclipse does the RTC plugin support and where can I download the different clients?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 22 '17, 6:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This question was from 2009 - why would one ask a question as an answer to an 8 years old question?

It is easy enough to use the products menu to find all the downloadable versions.

Darrell Reich commented Jul 24 '17, 1:06 p.m.

When I search jazz.net for the answer, this is the post that appears first in the search hits. Why doesn't the current product info come up? Google can find anything but your search engine / documentation is terrible / unorganized. Why not post an updated answer here rather than tell me to go search the product menu. The opening screen to jazz.net introduced the new version 6.0.4 but I'm still searching for the supported version of Eclipse after following all those links into a black hole. Was the question not clear the first time it was posted? I'm trying to help communicate and decrease the clutter by not starting a new thread. Microsoft Visual Studio MSDN has updated docs on top of the old ones so if you get there by a search engine you can switch to the current version. Why not deprecate / close old info like this if you can't update it?

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 24 '17, 2:58 p.m. | edited Jul 24 '17, 3:01 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can ask questions in this forum. That is what it is for. Writing an answer to a question with a new question is not how the forum works and should be used.

If a question is 9 years old, it likely does not make a lot of sense to ask a question as an answer. Hence I closed the question. Some old questions and answers have a lot of value - just not as a vehicle to ask a new question.

If you ask a new question about what you want to find, other forum users can see it is a new one and actually help and answer there. As you experienced at https://jazz.net/forum/questions/227487/rtc-jazz-compatibility-with-eclipse-and-visual-studio-ides