It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Undo event - ILocalChangeEvent ?

Gidi Gal (962058) | asked Sep 08 '16, 2:46 p.m.
Hello to the forum members,

I want to recognize undo operations in order to reload the related files in another application. I see that ILocalChangeEvent is being thrown when undo is performed and the file is marked as ILocalChangeEvent.CANCELED. However, this happens also when I save file (and it becomes unresolved) - this event is being thrown for other unresolved files in my sandbox and they are marked as ILocalChangeEvent.CANCELED.

How can I recognize only the files related to the undo operation ?

Thanks,
Gidi

Comments
David Lafreniere commented Sep 09 '16, 3:53 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

To clarify, are you asking about an 'Undo' on a pending local change (i.e. a change in the "Unresolved" folder in the Pending Changes view) or an 'Undo' on a change in an active change set in the Pending Changes view? Either way, I don't think there's a specific undo event, but it would be good to clarify which undo you are talking about since they are different.

Gidi Gal commented Sep 11 '16, 4:45 a.m.

Hello David,

Thanks for your reply. I need to catch both events. My general target is to recognize events that change local files on the disk. As far as I understand the following events change local files (if you know of additional ones, I'll be grateful if you share them here):
- User accepts changes of incoming change sets. I use IChangeHistoryEvent.ACCEPT_CHANGESETS  and IChangeHistoryEvent.ACCEPT_COMBINED to recognize this event.
- User discards outgoing changet sets. I use IChangeHistoryEvent.DISCARD_CHANGE_SETS to recognize this event.

Now that I think of it, there's another event - load - which changes local files on the disk. If there's event related to it, I'll be grateful for a pointer.

Regarding the undo operation, I understand that in the case of undo for an active change set, there is a possibility that it will not change the local file on the disk (in case there is an unresolved copy of the file), I will need to recognize these two scenarios.

Thanks,
Gidi

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.