It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Requirement transfer failure

Mike Rolls (12631813) | asked Aug 21 '09, 6:56 a.m.
Created a number of requirements in RRC & linked to a ReqPro project (running v7.1). The majority of requirements were successfully transferred but a couple failed with an error:

CRRRC1902E 1 requirement could not be created
CRRRC1800E The RequisitePro operation failed: 500

13 answers

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Aug 21 '09, 10:32 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Created a number of requirements in RRC & linked to a ReqPro project (running v7.1). The majority of requirements were successfully transferred but a couple failed with an error:

I'm guessing the 500 is an HTTP error code meaning an internal server error occurred. Is it possible communication with the server was interrupted or one of either the RRC or ReqPro server went down?

permanent link
Mike Rolls (12631813) | answered Aug 23 '09, 12:00 p.m.
I don't believe there was an interruption in either service as the initial failure occurred when a number were submitted. Some transferred Ok & some failed.
The ones that did fail I tried to transfer individually (from the RRC console) most re-failed but the odd one was transfered. During this time I had a connect to the ReqPro project (again in the RRC console) and didn't notice any service interruption.

Thanks
Mike

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Aug 27 '09, 2:02 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I suggest double-checking that the attribute list is the same on the requirements in RRC and the requirement type in RequisitePro.

Daniel

permanent link
Mike Rolls (12631813) | answered Aug 28 '09, 4:56 a.m.
Hi Daniel,

Just to confuse matters there are no attributes defined for this requirement type. I've also successfully transferred one Business Rule requirement from RRC to ReqPro but a different BR fails.
BR that transferred Ok:
Where a User has specified a Return journey departure time, the system will display up to 4 outward journeys, with a departure time of 5 minutes before and 3 hours after the entered departure time.

BR that failed:
Where a User has specified Return journey arrival time, the system will display up to 4 outward journeys with an arrival time of 5 minutes after and 3 hours before the entered arrival time.

Mike

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Aug 31 '09, 2:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Are all the requirements RequisitePro database requirements? RRC has a problem with requirements in a word document.

permanent link
Mike Rolls (12631813) | answered Sep 01 '09, 8:23 a.m.
Yes, the requirements were created directly in the RRC desktop & not via a word document.

permanent link
Mike Rolls (12631813) | answered Sep 10 '09, 12:03 p.m.
Further Info:
Trying to re-transfer one of the requirements that failed to transfer from RRC to ReqPro (a business rule with the text:
Where a User has specified Outward journey arrival time, the system will display up to 4 outward journeys with an arrival time of 5 minutes after and 3 hours before the entered arrival time.

Initially failed with an error:
CRRC1800E the requisitepro operation failed; 409

The jazz.log reports:
17:28:55,859 ERROR com.ibm.team.jrs - PUT returning 409: If-Match () was not equal to the resource ETag ("_EzZu8Z5qEd6LcshWL8iwJA") and was not a wildcard.

A re-attempt then returned the error previously seen:
CRRC1800E the requisitepro operation failed; 500

permanent link
Michael Mancini (1362410) | answered Sep 28 '09, 2:56 p.m.
I'm having the same problem. On the results screen I get a message that says how many requirements we imported into repro, then below it will say

CRRRC1902E 1 Requirement could not be created:
CRRRC1800E The requisitepro operation failed: 500

Has there been any further insight into this problem? I have it for a number of requirements.

permanent link
Michael Mancini (1362410) | answered Oct 08 '09, 9:45 a.m.
I think I have figured out the problem (not a resolution). Were the requirements you were trying to move large? The database fields on the ReqPro side can only handle something like 16,000 characters. I found that when you cut the document down to a smaller manageable size it can move over without a problem.

permanent link
anjali jain (16) | answered Dec 03 '09, 2:38 p.m.
When trying to configure the server, i enoucnter this error
at the following action
You should now have returned to step 2, Set up RRS, on the Jazz Rational Requirements Server Setup page. Click Configure.

When i click on Configure, i get the following error

The setup failed!Hide DetailsThe RRSTemplate.zip template was not created. Verify that the current user has a license. Internal Server Error
HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
Storage areas were created.
Text Index resources were created.
Content Type Handler resources were created.
Link Type resources were created.
Image resources were created.
Index resources were created.
Indices were rebuilt successfully.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.