It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does RTC provide a version tree similar to ClearCase?

Gil Parent (134) | asked Jul 19 '16, 10:24 a.m.
edited Jul 19 '16, 3:02 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
My customer is working with Clear Case.
One important feature is to be able to display a tree version  with all the version for a file in all the branches.
In RTC, I'm able to get the version Id of a file stream by stream but not for all streams in one single graphical view.
How can I get some kind of "Tree version" in RTC in Eclipse or by command line for a file for all Streams or a list of streams I have to select ?

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Jul 19 '16, 3:01 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is a mode in the file History view to show the 'repository wide' history for the selected file.

When you show the history of a file (ex: Right-click on a component in a stream/workspace and select "Show Repository Files", now browse to the desired file and select "Show History"), the History view will show the history (along with a merge graph) for that file in a particular context/configuration (i.e the stream or workspace that was showing the repository files). At the top right of the History view, there is a view menu (down arrow icon) which provides a context menu action called "Show all In Repostiory". This will then show you the history (and merge graph) of the file in the entire repository. Note: There currently is no way to show the history for a file in a 'selection' of streams/workspaces however.
Michael Valenta selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.