It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

An error message appears when I run an IBM RIT project through of RQM

Sergio Ruiz (715) | asked Jun 07 '16, 10:58 a.m.
Basically, I can run RIT project directly on my computer but when I try to use RQM and appears error messages

[CRRIT8792E] Error obtaining a database connection. [CRRIT4227E] Unable to load driver class. This should be configured in Library Manager (com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver).

If I try to execute the same RIT project from RQM pointing to RTCP server (installed on virtual machine) also with IBM RIT Agent running happens that

I set the library manager with jt400.jar but it does not work neither

Comments
Don Yang commented Jun 07 '16, 8:41 p.m.

Hi, Sergio

As there is an error to obtain a database connection for RIT, you may want to review the below technote first:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21696360

Sergio Ruiz commented Jun 08 '16, 4:14 p.m.

Thanks Don Yang, your technote help me to validate if the DB connection was working or not, simply the issue was related with permissions and RIT Agent configuration.

Thanks again

Accepted answer

permanent link
Martin Pain (2622) | answered Jun 08 '16, 7:14 a.m.
These would be the first steps to try:
  • RQM runs tests through the "Rational Integration Tester Agent". The Rational Integration Tester Agent has its own Library Manager, separate from that of Rational Integration Tester. (Their UI looks the same, and when you first run the agent one it may pick up the values from the Rational Integration Tester one, but they can save values separately).
    So make sure that the database driver class is configured in the Library Manager for the Rational Integration Tester Agent.
  • Make sure the Rational Integration Tester Agent has been restarted after Library Manager configuration changes have been completed.

As an aside, questions about the Integration Tester side of this RQM integration are more likely to get answers here: https://developer.ibm.com/answers/topics/integration-testing/?smartspace=continuous-testing (in this case, the fact that the error message identifier starts "CRRIT", and mentioned Library Manager, both indicate an Integration Tester problem, not an RQM problem). But I'm happy to provide this answer here as this is where you've asked it.

Sergio Ruiz selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sergio Ruiz commented Jun 08 '16, 4:18 p.m.

Thanks Martin Pain,
Effectively the issue was related with RIT Agent and its Library Manager, but I had to remove all Lab resources and adapaters contained in RQM, after that, I had to run the Agent.exe manually from command line using Administrator account, before the service was running with Local Service account, then I set the Administrator to run the service and newly set Lab resources in RQM, now it's working nice very smoothly.

Thanks for your help, even though, I set both Library managers same

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.