It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

command-line interface doesn't work in Cygwin

David Sedlock (16112012) | asked Aug 11 '09, 8:08 a.m.
Any idea why?

$ scm -v
/cygdrive/c/Programs/RTC/Client/scmtools/eclipse/scm: /cygdrive/c/Programs/RTC/Client/scmtools/eclipse/scm: cannot execute binary file

It works in the braindead windows cmd shell.

-David

2 answers

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered Aug 11 '09, 10:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
$ scm -v
/cygdrive/c/Programs/RTC/Client/scmtools/eclipse/scm: /cygdrive/c/Programs/RTC/Client/scmtools/eclipse/scm: cannot execute binary file

I suspect that cygwin is picking up the *nix launcher instead of the Windows launcher (scm.exe).

To test this hypothese, please try running 'which scm' and tell us what the output is. If you're picking up /foo/bar/scmtools/eclipse/scm instead of /foo/bar/scmtools/eclipse/scm.exe, try running 'scm.exe' instead of 'scm' - that will tell us if there's a launcher mapping issue.

e

permanent link
David Sedlock (16112012) | answered Aug 11 '09, 10:58 a.m.
$ which scm
/cygdrive/c/Programs/RTC/Client/scmtools/eclipse/scm

$ scm.exe -v
com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.tools, version 2.0.0.I200905130131
Subcommands: tools.verify

So this is no problem for me, but a doc note might help others.

Thanks!
-David

$ scm -v

I suspect that cygwin is picking up the *nix launcher instead of the Windows launcher (scm.exe).

To test this hypothese, please try running 'which scm' and tell us what the output is. If you're picking up /foo/bar/scmtools/eclipse/scm instead of /foo/bar/scmtools/eclipse/scm.exe, try running 'scm.exe' instead of 'scm' - that will tell us if there's a launcher mapping issue.

e

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.