It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

BuildForge::EX::APIException: A valid build class identifier must be specified.

Jirong Hu (1.5k9290258) | asked Apr 10 '16, 5:23 p.m.
edited Apr 10 '16, 6:33 p.m.
I am running the following code on a CCCQBF v7 server which has the BF v7 Perl library installed. The $bf_server below right now is a BF v8 server. I've never seen the above error before, is it because the library version doesn't match? I have to use the BF v8 Perl library?

my $conn = new BuildForge::Services::Connection($bf_server, $bf_port);
$conn->authUser($bfid, 'APIUSR');

Generate IBM software compatibility report here: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21613499, but it's so hard to read, can't understand if CCCQv7 is compatible with BF v8.

3 answers

permanent link
Marco Arboleda (11) | answered Apr 12 '16, 9:44 a.m.
Some access groups groups defined for the API userids are lower than the CLASS definitions. 
Changing the access group should work.

permanent link
Joshua Keefe (1011) | answered Apr 12 '16, 2:32 p.m.
The error message "A valid build class identifier must be specified." is usually seen if a user attempts to start a build but does not have access to the assigned build class for the project build in question.

The code snippet you provided only attempts to setup a connection and then authenticate as a user.

Is your code attempting to start/restart a build?

permanent link
Yousuf Moghul (111) | answered Nov 27 '17, 5:51 a.m.

Getting BuildForge::Ex::APIException: API: Authentication Error. error message while running a staging script in BuildForge.

The perl script will take the latest baseline in clearcase and places the it in the staging area. facing issues while running the script.
Please suggest how to resolve this.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.