It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to access feed content of all categories with particular category type

Aditya Sant (1313) | asked Nov 05 '15, 5:12 a.m.
edited Nov 05 '15, 5:13 a.m.

What will be the RQM REST url to access all category feeds under particular categorytype?

For example: I have testcase with 'Application Name' as one of the Category Type with 75 projects (i.e category item). It will appear as drop down while creating the testcase.

I want to access this 75 feed items by using rest url.

Please guide me. TIA

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Nov 08 '15, 10:23 p.m.
You can get a list of all the categories by accessing the URL:
/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/<project area name>/category/
Aditya Sant selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Aditya Sant commented Nov 08 '15, 11:59 p.m. | edited Nov 09 '15, 12:00 a.m.

Thanks Donald,But still I need to get only for particular CategoryType..Above URL shows all category values with different categoryType,any idea?

Donald Nong commented Nov 09 '15, 12:48 a.m.

With RQM reportable REST API, you can usually do field selection and filtering. But with this particular API, it does not seem to work. You can add ?fields= to the end of the URL to show the "content" of the category, then filter the result based on <ns2:categoryType> on the client side (after you get the full list of categories).
/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/< project area name >/category?fields=

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.