It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to add buttons in the Description field toolbar?

Francis Kemp (7212944) | asked Jun 12 '15, 12:14 p.m.

Is there any way to add (or customize) the buttons in the toolbar attached to the Description (and other multi-line text fields) in a Jazz Work Item?

Thanks,
Fran

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jun 15 '15, 9:52 p.m.
It is unlikely.

What exactly do you want to do with an extra button? There may be other ways to achieve that.

Comments
Francis Kemp commented Jun 16 '15, 4:22 p.m.

Our customer would like to force users to annotate paragraphs that are entered into the description and comment fields (or other multi-line fields).  I'd like to create some buttons in the toolbar that will add these annotations to the comment field instead of making the user type them in manually.  The buttons can actually be anywhere, I figured the toolbar would be the best place and I didn't see a way to add buttons to the Jazz form.

In doing some research yesterday I noticed that the CKEditor is being used and it appears that the only way to customize it is to have access to the code - but I'd like to be wrong about that.

I'm open to any other suggestions you may have.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.